Real Madrid Forward "a luxury"

Sweet Pete

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"At Real Madrid, Jack can float all over the place, which he does. But with us he has to be more disciplined.

"He's an exceptionally gifted lad but we can't carry him. He can be a luxury sometimes.

"In some cases, if it's going well, he can be a good luxury. And listen, Jack's time will come.

"I've gone for a physical side and runners. Hopefully I'm proved right in Austria. It's purely a tactical decision."

Honestly fire him right now. Somebody start a petition, I've never read anything as depressing in my life. How are people like that still getting jobs in football?

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

"Sorry lad, ken you've been scoring for fun for Real Madrid's youth side, but we're gonny go wi the tried and tested big lads fi Hamilton Accies* and that".

*Nothing against Hamilton, just the first team that popped into my head.

Fire him today and give the job to Ian Cathro. Most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Heard a guy on the radio a few years ago who was a coach at Everton, said he recommended Modric to them after he demolished England for Croatia. Everton's head scout said he was too small.

This is why foreigners are better than us at football.

This is a classic Scottish National Team post, right here.

Chuck a bunch of names, a vague, unsourced quote, use an example of someone that's too small, use it as an explanation as to why foreigners are better, because there is definitely a reason. A single, fixable issue of having more wee players running about, and a young, in vogue coach, which fixes everything.

It helped France win the world cup did it not ? Deschamps being the only exclusion .

Lizarazu was smaller than Deschamps.

So only the 2 'tiny' players in the WC winning side, roughly 20% of the team! :lol:

Deschamps is 5'9" btw, not exactly small.

For only picking tall players? I think we should strap Sbragia to the back of a donkey and make it run off the edge of a cliff.

Then, for being an utter fuckwit and missing the fact that Harper is really tall anyway, we should perform a rite to resurrect Sbragia before lowering him into a pit of snakes.

Sbragia has said nothing about players being tall, by the way. He's said he's taken a physical side with "runners" (I take that as hard workers). I haven't seen Harper play but I wouldn't say many attacking midfielders in Spain are physical and hard working. Sbragia's still an idiot mind you but let's call him an idiot for the right reasons.

Sbragia has said nothing about players being tall, by the way. He's said he's taken a physical side with "runners" (I take that as hard workers). I haven't seen Harper play but I wouldn't say many attacking midfielders in Spain are physical and hard working. Sbragia's still an idiot mind you but let's call him an idiot for the right reasons.

"we've deliberately taken a squad with more height... That's one of the reasons Jack isn't in."

He absolutely has said Harper isn't tall enough.

Screw Sbragia and his retrograde views. I wonder how many other guys are being missed out upon because they are less than 6 ft 1?

Is this Harper any good by the way? He was in the B youth team last season, now progressed to the A youth team. Good stuff, but hardly stellar for a nineteen year old, I would have thought. We have plenty first team players. Not for Real Madrid admittedly..

"we've deliberately taken a squad with more height... That's one of the reasons Jack isn't in."

He absolutely has said Harper isn't tall enough.

Screw Sbragia and his retrograde views. I wonder how many other guys are being missed out upon because they are less than 6 ft 1?

Sorry, I just read the link on the previous page and assumed that was all he had said on the matter (no mention of height on that STV link).

Is this Harper any good by the way? He was in the B youth team last season, now progressed to the A youth team. Good stuff, but hardly stellar for a nineteen year old, I would have thought. We have plenty first team players. Not for Real Madrid admittedly..

Sid Lowe reckons he's very good. Mind you, Sid Lowe comes from the journalist who thinks he's a coach school of ego. So, who knows is your answer. Probably. But Sbragia has made it harder to tell.

Archived