Alloa VS Livi

I'm fairly certain Livi will finish above us too but that's another debate for another day.

This is another day.

No, they won't. It'll be very close, but I think there will be very, very little between you and Alloa.

In my view, Livi are as good as down, I'm afraid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is another day.

No, they won't. It'll be very close, but I think there will be very, very little between you and Alloa.

In my view, Livi are as good as down, I'm afraid.

If Livi win this then beat us they're far from down.

I've been hanging onto that thread for a while now but every game we need to win that will get us back in the mix we either lose or draw, so really can't see us doing it now. My last bit of hope was against Dumbarton there and we again fucked it up with only 10 mins to go.

Like I said," in my view" - just one person's opinion.

It's hard to get the heads lifted when a team like ours, limping towards safety (hopefully) nick the points, like we did on Saturday.

Someone has to get relegated. I just happen to believe it will be Livi this year.

It's still wide open between the three clubs. Livi's situation doesn't look great but they do have the best goal difference and a win in this game and suddenly 8th place is a very real prospect for them. Cowden fans bemoan their team's performances but for all that they are still only 1 point from avoiding the play-off place. Alloa have been playing some good stuff again in recent weeks but having had the upper hand in games against Falkirk and Dumbarton and shown up fairly well in a pretty even contest against Raith we emerged with a grand total of 0 points. It feels like we need to score a wonder goal to get anything from a game and clearly that's going to need to change or we will be relegated.

It feels like we need to score a wonder goal to get anything from a game and clearly that's going to need to change or we will be relegated.

Don't worry, we'll save you from that. :whistle

Quite curious as to whether fans from both sides want to win this weekend's game or the cup final more. Personally, I think we're as good as down, so a trophy would dull the pain somewhat.

Don't worry, we'll save you from that. :whistle

Quite curious as to whether fans from both sides want to win this weekend's game or the cup final more. Personally, I think we're as good as down, so a trophy would dull the pain somewhat.

Wouldn't for me, the cup would be no consolation at all for being relegated.

I doubt any of the Championship teams we put out would want to swap places with us in the league for being in the cup final but I'd gladly swap with them, esp Hearts. ;)

Can see this being a 0-0 snoozefest, but that may just be my natural pessimism talking.

Just don't lose, FFS. This season we've had home games against both Cowden and Dumbarton where we've not been at the races, so let's not make it a full house today. A win for Livi and 10th is anybody's.

Obviously glad we never lost but a draw doesn't help us much.

Felt if we'd put our chances away in the first half we'd have won the game but same old story, never done that and in the second half Alloa probably shaded it.

Overall perhaps a draw was a fair result.

Alloa's second goal came from what was surely a free kick to us on the half way line, he's went right through the back of the player, the Alloa player even apologised to Mullen before realised the ref hadn't given anything, obviously defensively we where poor and should've done better but if a foul was given then the 2nd goal wouldn't have materialised, not at that stage anyway.

Anyway, a draws a better result for alloa than us, 2-2 and now sets us up for the cup final, looking forward to the day out.

Well, if you wanted to know why both teams are in their respective positions, this match would've told you everything you needed to know. Both sides had periods dominating possession, with neither looking terribly threatening until we finally scored to go ahead. I think a draw is a fair result on the whole, but not to win after leading twice is an absolute sickener in such an important game, especially as it didn't seem obvious where Livingston's goals were going to come from.

We were poor. Our passing, which was one of our great strengths last year, has been gradually getting worse and worse over the past few months. We gave the ball away constantly today, and we should've been punished for it. Our defence, the other strength, is starting to become a bit of a soft touch in recent games too, which is awful news. Somehow we have to pick up in these areas, as League One's almost-finest would tear us apart right now.

On the plus side, Chopra looks to be slimming down already, and seems to be up for the fight. A nice bit of footwork from him led to out first goal, and he had at least one other chance where he only had to touch the ball with some part of his body to score. Linked up well with the rest of the team, and you'll do well to knock him off the ball when he has it. If his performances continue to improve, he'll play a big part. Looked like he was taking some pressure off Liam too, which is no bad thing.

The officials were absolutely chronic today, and I don't think Willie Collum won many friends from either side. From our point of view, Livingston were heavy-handed all over the park, and the linesman on our side seemed quite content to let every niggly wee tap, shirt-grab, and barge go for some reason. I get the feeling that the Livingston fans will have plenty of complaints of their own. Nice support from the Livi fans today, by the way; they deserve a better club to cheer for.

What was going on with Ibra Sekajja, by the way? Flinging himself to the ground and having play stopped like nobody's business, sometimes when nobody had been near him. Our fans went absolutely wild when he collapsed for the third or fourth time on our touchline, but I must admit to enjoying the trollface he gave the crowd as he slowly wandered off for treatment :lol:

Draw might be a better result for us than Livingston and I would say it was a fair result but in the circumstances it felt like 2 points dropped and a big missed opportunity. We didn't play well in the first half but we got ourselves ahead twice in the second half - the first goal thanks to a beautiful bit of play from Chopra - then lost two very poor goals. What would have been a massive 3 points were thrown away from a winning position and I fear it could prove very costly.

We can play much better and hopefully we will next Sunday. Bring it on :)

Will be irrelevant by then sad to say.

I'd take that bet. It's been clear there'd be something to play for in that last game since before the season started, and nothing's changed.

Will be amazed if any of the three of us gets another win between now and the final day. Even the cup final will probably go to penalties :P

Will be irrelevant by then sad to say.

I'd take that bet. It's been clear there'd be something to play for in that last game since before the season started, and nothing's changed.

Will be amazed if any of the three of us gets another win between now and the final day. Even the cup final will probably go to penalties :P

To be honest, I hope it does come down to the last day. Obviously I would like us to stay up, and 8th would be my preferred position, but the atmosphere and nerves would make it a great day to remember.

I`d like us both to stay up. I don`t mind an away game at Cowden` but I`d rather see you win the playoffs than us. :P

Archived