Paul McGowan going to Jail

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be playing football while wearing an electronic tag?.

Police Scotland will know how much ground he covers during a match and how much of a shift he puts in by the device. Maybe this could catch on with football managers who's players have a habit of disappearing during games.

If he does get a jail sentence, he should be back out in time for pre-season training. He'll at most, miss our last 6 games, them being the re-arranged fixture against Celtic and our 5 post split matches (Which isn't really a massive concern as our season will be done and dusted as soon as we find out which half we're in).

Not too bad, had a feeling it could be worse as he's crucial to our team as has been seen the previous times he's missed out for us this season.

If he does get a jail sentence, he should be back out in time for pre-season training. He'll at most, miss our last 6 games, them being the re-arranged fixture against Celtic and our 5 post split matches (Which isn't really a massive concern as our season will be done and dusted as soon as we find out which half we're in).

Not too bad, had a feeling it could be worse as he's crucial to our team as has been seen the previous times he's missed out for us this season.

And is it guaranteed that Dundee will honour his contract and not just punt him out the door? Not really the best example to be setting by standing with a guy who attacked a police officer. Then attacked more police officers. Then attacked another police officer.

Quitongo's Left Peg, on 19 Mar 2015 - 11:48, said:

And is it guaranteed that Dundee will honour his contract and not just punt him out the door? Not really the best example to be setting by standing with a guy who attacked a police officer. Then attacked more police officers. Then attacked another police officer.

Strachan sums it up best.

Oh he's spot on, I agree completely with that.

However, I don't think it's outwith the realm of possibility that Dundee will punt him after this.

Nobody punts Paul.

He does the punting.

Dee's are going to need to take our medicine from the faux outraged brigade on this one*. He's a silly sausage. I'd keep him at Dens, not because he hit's coppers, but because he wins football matches. We've all lost our temper and done something we regret, whether it be hurting someones feelings or hurting someone physically, it's human nature.

We need to counsel him thorugh his problems, not compound them by throwing him onto the brew.

*This is also the first thing St. Mirren fans have been right about all season so we may even see Lex appear.

Could be playing football while wearing an electronic tag?.

Police Scotland will know how much ground he covers during a match and how much of a shift he puts in by the device. Maybe this could catch on with football managers who's players have a habit of disappearing during games.

Could be a good rival for the Adidas MiCoach?

Quitongo's Left Peg, on 19 Mar 2015 - 11:55, said:

Oh he's spot on, I agree completely with that.

However, I don't think it's outwith the realm of possibility that Dundee will punt him after this.

I do. I don't think we'll be punting one of our most important players any time soon only for him to be slotting right in at a divisional rival as soon as the new season starts. We're not St Mirren.

We've all lost our temper and done something we regret, whether it be hurting someones feelings or hurting someone physically, it's human nature.

We need to counsel him thorugh his problems, not compound them by throwing him onto the brew.

Did Dundee not counsel him through his problems the last time this happened?

I see little point in Dundee taking the moral high ground on this and punting him over it only for him to get himself a contract at one of their rivals who don't care because he wasn't their employee at the time he battered coppers.

The same with us and Jordan McMillan. He'll probably end up with another bottom 6 club next season unless he gets a lengthy ban and will probably come back to haunt us because our board decided the right decision was to sack him.

Pie Of The Month, on 19 Mar 2015 - 12:15, said:

I see little point in Dundee taking the moral high ground on this and punting him over it only for him to get himself a contract at one of their rivals who don't care because he wasn't their employee at the time he battered coppers.

The same with us and Jordan McMillan. He'll probably end up with another bottom 6 club next season unless he gets a lengthy ban and will probably come back to haunt us because our board decided the right decision was to sack him.

Pretty much this. Unless McGowan gets a lengthy sentence there's absolutely no reason to get rid, and by lengthy I mean upwards of 6 month to a year and despite his previous, it doesn't sound as if he'll get a sentence that long, if he gets one.

I do. I don't think we'll be punting one of our most important players any time soon only for him to be slotting right in at a divisional rival as soon as the new season starts. We're not St Mirren.

your right your not st Mirren your diddy mob haven't won the Scottish cup since 1910 or the league cup since the early 70 s

Archived