Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

Really wanting tickets for this. How many tickets are likely to go on general sale and when? Don't really fancy this duo package nonsense, although it comes in at about 80 quid and I suppose you could flog the England ticket for 30£ or something fairly easily. Decisions decisions.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they only going to sell the Scotland tickets as this 'Duo Package'?

High chance I'll just buy a few of them but if they're going to sell it individually soon I'll wait. I've got a mate in Dublin - I'm probably best getting him to buy the tickets, eh? Can't imagine they'd accept my Scottish address...

They send them over here no bother. Like the SFA all they are bothered about is your cash

Just booked flights and apartment out of excited. What are the chances of actually getting tickets for the game?

If your sharp and on the look out and have time spare on the day that they go on public sale I think you should get one

Dunno if I'd play Maloney

Be tempted to put in Fletcher for him and push Morrison further on

Maloney was our best player yesterday. He also scored the winner against ireland in the first game and also scored against poland away. You want to drop him? Madness

Bit clearer what we need now, win in Ireland and third place is as good as sealed I reckon. Even if we lost to Georgia, Ireland would need to beat Georgia as well as either Poland away or Germany.

7 points from the next 4 games (not including Gilbralter) would surely be enough for best 3rd place spot. Not easy but do-able.

Maloney was our best player yesterday. He also scored the winner against ireland in the first game and also scored against poland away. You want to drop him? Madness

Our best player? Thought he was shite in both games tbh. Barry Bannan was our best player followed by fletcher, everybody else was poor

Our best player? Thought he was shite in both games tbh. Barry Bannan was our best player followed by fletcher, everybody else was poor

Bannan looked decent but he was only one for 20 mins.

Bannan looked decent but he was only one for 20 mins.

And done more than anybody else in that 20 minutes, Maloney was pish poor. I'd go a wee bit more defensive in Ireland, a draw isn't a bad result for us at the end of the day it's more of a must not lose. Morrison can do a similar attacking job that Maloney does and make us a more solid team.

Fletcher

Morrison

Brown

Naismith

Anya

Fletcher

Bit clearer what we need now, win in Ireland and third place is as good as sealed I reckon. Even if we lost to Georgia, Ireland would need to beat Georgia as well as either Poland away or Germany.

7 points from the next 4 games (not including Gilbralter) would surely be enough for best 3rd place spot. Not easy but do-able.

Not so sure about that. At the halfway point, 4 of the third place teams have 7 points when you exclude the results against the bottom teams.

Assuming UEFA give Russia a 3-0 win.

Our goal difference is quite poor when you remove the Georgia result

For automatic qualification I think we will need 9 points OR to finish second. The most simple way of doing this would be three wins from three games, excluding Gibraltar and Germany. If we do that we will have 22 *real* points and 16 points in the 3rd place table. If we do that the only way we don't finish second is if Poland beat Germany

If we assume everyone will lose to Germany and beat Gibraltar, you're left with a 4 team group

Ireland and Poland are both beating Georgia

You're left with Poland v Ireland and our 3 games

Germany 25

Poland 17

Ireland 14

Scotland 13

Georgia 6

Gibraltar 0

If Poland beat Ireland we'd need 7 points from IRE/POL/GEO including a win at home to Poland

If Ireland take anything Poland we'd need 4 points from IRE/POL and a win in Georgia, or if we beat Ireland and Poland we'd qualify even if we lose in Georgia

The best scenario for us would be Germany to scorch everyone and leave us all fighting for second and third, and if we've won in Ireland in June then we'll be in a great position, knowing that if we beat Poland at home we're there and if we win in Georgia we only need a point against Poland unless they beat Ireland.

Not so sure about that. At the halfway point, 4 of the third place teams have 7 points when you exclude the results against the bottom teams.

Assuming UEFA give Russia a 3-0 win.

Our goal difference is quite poor when you remove the Georgia result

For automatic qualification I think we will need 9 points OR to finish second. The most simple way of doing this would be three wins from three games, excluding Gibraltar and Germany. If we do that we will have 22 *real* points and 16 points in the 3rd place table. If we do that the only way we don't finish second is if Poland beat Germany

If we assume everyone will lose to Germany and beat Gibraltar, you're left with a 4 team group

Ireland and Poland are both beating Georgia

You're left with Poland v Ireland and our 3 games

Germany 25

Poland 17

Ireland 14

Scotland 13

Georgia 6

Gibraltar 0

If Poland beat Ireland we'd need 7 points from IRE/POL/GEO including a win at home to Poland

If Ireland take anything Poland we'd need 4 points from IRE/POL and a win in Georgia, or if we beat Ireland and Poland we'd qualify even if we lose in Georgia

The best scenario for us would be Germany to scorch everyone and leave us all fighting for second and third, and if we've won in Ireland in June then we'll be in a great position, knowing that if we beat Poland at home we're there and if we win in Georgia we only need a point against Poland unless they beat Ireland.

That must have hurt trying to figure all of that out. Well Done!

General Questions: Any indication on when the general sale for tickets to the Ireland game might be?

From reading the YBIG forum it appears the ireland fans pretty much just think they have to turn up to get the victory :lol:
Are they deluded? We're a much better footballing side. Ireland are like us a few years ago, they just use their physicality and they're quite a lucky team.

Archived