Away Supporters in Scottish football

Hi Guys,

I'm doing my Masters dissertation on supporters of Scottish football league teams, particularly people who go to away matches. I've begun collecting the views of Championship, League One and Two supporters and now I'm after some Premiership views for the survey!

If anyone here would be kind enough to fill out the survey and share with their fellow supporters on social media then that would be greatly appreciated!

https://stirling.onl...hawaysupporters

I have also set up a Facebook Page "Scottish Away Supporters" and a Twitter account "@ScotAwaySupport"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question 18 is a bit hard to answer because of how broad is can be so I said no preferences for all of them, and for 15 I said "not very important" because I'll usually go if I'm not working/other plans.

Good luck.

I think you should have allowed multiple selections for questions #16/17, seeing as I don't only go to games within one certain distance/timeframe, and I'd assume many will be the same.

Also the chance to pick multiple away days, as I wanted to go with both Edinburgh clubs.

Hi Guys,

I'm doing my Masters dissertation on supporters of Scottish football league teams, particularly people who go to away matches. I've begun collecting the views of Championship, League One and Two supporters and now I'm after some Premiership views for the survey!

If anyone here would be kind enough to fill out the survey and share with their fellow supporters on social media then that would be greatly appreciated!

https://stirling.onl...hawaysupporters

I have also set up a Facebook Page "Scottish Away Supporters" and a Twitter account "@ScotAwaySupport"

Will your dissertation be available for viewing when completed? I would be interested to read it.

I think you should have allowed multiple selections for questions #16/17, seeing as I don't only go to games within one certain distance/timeframe, and I'd assume many will be the same.

Also the chance to pick multiple away days, as I wanted to go with both Edinburgh clubs.

it's funny you say that because I did consider it, the reason I went with 16/17 as they are is because I could presume that if someone was willing to travel 2 hours to see their team they would also be willing to travel 15 minutes!

Similarly went for a one person one vote way for favourite away day to avoid some people picking 4/5 and others picking 1, just helps keep the results uniform!

Will your dissertation be available for viewing when completed? I would be interested to read it.

I have to speak to the university but I believe I won't be able to put the dissertation online as I have other methods alongside the survey which are more confidential, but I will check whether the results of the survey could be posted online.

it's funny you say that because I did consider it, the reason I went with 16/17 as they are is because I could presume that if someone was willing to travel 2 hours to see their team they would also be willing to travel 15 minutes!

Yeah, fair assumption to make. Although I do know people who will do certain away games that take around an hour or possibly a bit more (Edinburgh teams, Dundee teams, QotS) and won't do more local ones like Hamilton or Airdrie, for various reasons. But yeah, that's maybe opening up a whole other level of detail you're not looking for.

Have to say that's a really good survey compared to some of the pish folk on here want people to fill out usually. Good luck with it, and I'd be fascinated to see the results.

Also Im pretty sure I'm in the photo you've used!!!

Completed. I go to most away games in a season- it's TV scheduling (like Aberdeen on a Fri night last week) that buggers things up more than anything else. One point that wasn't mentioned in the survey was Stewarding - I personally know a number of 'Well fans that avoided Ibrox and Parkhead for years due to perceived treatment there. More recently, some have stopped going to Tannadice and St Mirren due to the behaviour of the stewards...

Purely anecdotal - but in my experience, the guys that go to 10+ away games a season are the ones that seem to care least about watching games on TV in general - interested to see if the survey shows that..

When asking why people attend a particular away game, I was missing the option for "potential for massive train day bevvy session" :)

As others have said - well put together survey and I's also be interested to see what came out of it.

I still find it bizarre that someone would choose to watch a game on telly instead of going to watch their team if they had the opportunity.

Seems like most of them prefer posting on here than going to games, it bemuses me when the day after a game I look through the match thread and see the amount of posts made while game is in progress, especially it has to be said my fellow Celtic fans.... does anyone on P&B bar me actually attend any Celtic games?

Seems like most of them prefer posting on here than going to games, it bemuses me when the day after a game I look through the match thread and see the amount of posts made while game is in progress, especially it has to be said my fellow Celtic fans.... does anyone on P&B bar me actually attend any Celtic games?

Ahem

Archived