yoker v linlithgow 1/4 final

lithgierose

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can feel whatever you like chum.

Yesterday when we were 3 up everyone wanted the ball. The full-backs were coming wide to get the ball from Christie and build from the back. 3-1 and nobody was wanting the ball from the keeper, even when the subs came on. Everyone just looked nervous.

Sure, Yoker would have gotten a lift from the goal and the confidence that brings but our game changes and we start playing longer balls, it feels more frantic and less comfortable.

Agree with the majority of your post albeit I feel the term "shat it" was a tad strong.

Our biggest problems we have a tendency to make poor decisions at times which have quite often led to goals. In doing so giving confidence to the opponents.

Nowt wrong on occasions to clear your lines rather than play it from the back.

Nowt wrong on occasions to clear your lines rather than play it from the back.

Occasional clearing of lines is fine but we weren't giving Christie the option of doing anything else as the full-backs weren't looking for the ball.

We won the game, I am delighted with it anytime we score one more than the opposition. It doesn't stop me wanting to analyse the game. For me that is part and parcel of going to the games rather than watching football on telly, you get to see things the camera doesn't pick up, you feel moods change etc and you are not forced to listen to thick pundits trotting out the same tired cliches. Pie and bovril has become the post-game debriefing venue of choice for me lately and I welcome the debate that brings after all everyone sees the games differently. We must all remember that being critical of you team on here isn't an admission that you are anything less than fully behind the team at the next game!

You lot are quick to isolate a boy are ye no?

If he was a kelty boy those in power would be much more forgiving.

Aye. We are. I think we're far too critical of our players far too often. Yesterday was a mixed bag but we did far more right than wrong through the game and could and should have won by a few. We lost a goal to a daft sliced clearance and another as a result of individual error. We never "shat it" at all - not at any point. I think that's well over the top personally but I'm not here to tell other folk what to think. If that's what they saw then fair enough. I never though and I doubt if too many did. With a break or 2 of the ball we'd have scored another 3.

I do think we'll need more going into the semi final but we've got the skills and the match winners to beat anyone. I'll be letting whoever draws us worry about us far more than I'll be worrying about them.

Aye. We are. I think we're far too critical of our players far too often. Yesterday was a mixed bag but we did far more right than wrong through the game and could and should have won by a few. We lost a goal to a daft sliced clearance and another as a result of individual error. We never "shat it" at all - not at any point. I think that's well over the top personally but I'm not here to tell other folk what to think. If that's what they saw then fair enough. I never though and I doubt if too many did. With a break or 2 of the ball we'd have scored another 3.

I do think we'll need more going into the semi final but we've got the skills and the match winners to beat anyone. I'll be letting whoever draws us worry about us far more than I'll be worrying about them.

any word on the spectator injured at the game?

Bloke from Boness took ill and fell over the wall onto the track.2nd half was delayed for 35 mins waiting on an ambulance.

More like 50 minutes delay, I heard he was OK but not much more than that

2nd half should have started at 3.25 but started at 4.

We can agree to disagree, first half ended at 3:15. Second half started at 4:04 on my watch which is 49 minutes. Anyway , I heard he was OK at the game

Would think you will be looking at Musselburgh in the semi as you won't fancy your chances against either Ayrshire side. Even Danny thinks it could take another year to strengthen the team

I don't think that's what Danny said. I think we'll take whoever comes now that we're at the last 4. It's a choice 156 other teams would like to have.

Good performance from the Rose on sat, the second was a bad goal to lose but I felt quite comfortable.

What a great wee place to go and watch football though. A few in Glasgow then out to The Lovat and a few in the social club in the ground.

Loved it and thought the surface was excellent. All the best for the future Yoker!

Archived