Scotland vs Northern Ireland 25/03/15

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Russell has waited a while for a chance and is the only one I'd really want to see out of the fringe players. The rest, meh.

Russell and May played well when they came on against England. Would like to see Russell, Naismith, Anya behind the striker.

Russell and May played well when they came on against England. Would like to see Russell, Naismith, Anya behind the striker.

I think Russell did. May just ran around a lot, think and hope Russell will break into the team soon

I think Russell did. May just ran around a lot, think and hope Russell will break into the team soon

Did May not set up Robertsons goal with a neat back heel? Not saying he should start mind you.

I agree about Russell, brings balance having a left footer on the right, and a right footer on the left if you know what I mean.

Russell Naismith Anya

Rhodes/Fletcher

That's a pretty tidy front 5 tbh. Think that midfield trio would suit Rhodes as well, Naismith could provide the link between them essentially playing off the striker.

Would like to see them line up more 4-4-1-1 in that case with Brown and Morrison in the middle, would work either way with a 4-2-3-1 though.

Did May not set up Robertsons goal with a neat back heel? Not saying he should start mind you.

I agree about Russell, brings balance having a left footer on the right, and a right footer on the left if you know what I mean.

Think it was Russell who backheeled for Robertson? Either way, I thought may looked 'involved' whereas Chris Martin was just lumbering about a mile away from the action.

Goal difference might come into it, so we need to score a few against Gibraltar.

I would really like to see Rhodes and Fletcher up front for that game, to me that is a cracking front two who will compliment each other well and score a few goals.They could both do with a goal too.

:lol:

Seriously though we aren't blessed with defenders, you'd think playing for Poznan would get you within a shout of the squad :P

The Polish league is generally pretty shite though. Mind you he is a stand out in their team...seems to be a favourite with their fans too.

I've said it before but Strachan and McGhee have been making noises about giving everyone game time and trying to avoid guys coming along continually without ever getting any minutes. Therefore I think it's very likely they'll start Reynolds in the Northern Ireland game - or he'll at least make a substitute appearance for his first cap. I'll predict this, although I'll probably only have 2 or 3 correct.

Gordon

Hutton - Martin - Reynolds - Robertson

Fletcher - McArthur

Russell - Naismith - Anya

Fletcher

Need to try and batter Gibraltar. They've been comfortably beaten in every game so far and we need to put at least three or four past them.

This game is unlikely to set the pulse racing.

Well in the event of a tie at the end of a group, it goes to head-to-head records before goal difference so it's not vitally important. Although I guess you could forsee a scenario whereby our H2H record with one of Poland/Ireland is the same; such is the tightness of the group. Poland and Ireland both won 7-0 against them though so it'd be nice to get near that.

Archived