Younger Players In The Juniors

Scuzz

I've noticed in recent seasons that there have been more and more younger players breaking through in the juniors and progressing to the senior ranks. Are there any outstanding players out there that you think have a chance at playing at a higher level? The best I've seen recently were Scott Pittman of Broxburn, who recently signed for Livingston after a short spell at Bo'ness, and the boy Murray who has signed with Dundee United via the juniors and Arbroath. Also been impressed with Sheerin at Musselburgh among others, just wondering what people think on this subject.

more senior teams should send youngsters out on loan to junior teams.worked years ago.

Worked for us a few years ago getting McQueen and Crawford from the Accies and Grant Plenderleith from Stenny I think. As long as they get game time its a win win.

Hi Gus. ;-)

Thats original.

Gus McPherson. Queens park manager. Spends a lot of time at junior matches and has signed quite a few for queens in his time there.

Seems to be working for queens

does he? He signed 3 players from us but I've never seen him at a clydebank game.

Gus McPherson. Queens park manager. Spends a lot of time at junior matches and has signed quite a few for queens in his time there.

Seems to be working for queens

i was meaning more senior teams should farm out some players to the juniors to toughen them up a bit.not all senior players have played junior before they sign with league clubs.

The junior game was once filled with young up and coming stars unfortunately it lost its way a bit with bigger clubs going for the over the hill ex senior players .great seeing clubs going back to finding young talent that's more than good enough for the senior game .hppe my club can find the same talent it did on a regular basis in the fifties and sixties in the near future ..

Hi Gus. ;-)

Poor Gus

Heard a queens park side were playing a Scottish amateur select side mid week at lesser hampden. Wonder if Gus was scouting or does he just stick to the junior

Btw did he Play junior himself?

Poor Gus

Heard a queens park side were playing a Scottish amateur select side mid week at lesser hampden. Wonder if Gus was scouting or does he just stick to the junior

Btw did he Play junior himself?

Gus picked up a couple of boys from amateur last year, one from pollok and one from bannockburn. Don't think either have really got a game this year

Gus picked up a couple of boys from amateur last year, one from pollok and one from bannockburn. Don't think either have really got a game this year

Always a gamble taking a amateur player to the seniors especially if he has never been involved in a higher level before or been pro youth.

We had a young guy years ago Kevin Welsh who was pro youth then amateur then junior with us then back senior even playing in spl for Hamilton. Now back at harestanes amateurs.

Archived