Scores today

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penicuik 2 Arthurlie 1

I have watched Penicuik 3 times in the Scottish this season and, on two occasions, if they lost, no one other than the most biased fan could complain. With the good fortune and grit that they are displaying, who knows how far they can go but, they are not a particularly good team IMO.

I am no tactical genius but, Arthurlie missed a trick today by not playing Danny Burns down the left, playing the ball to his feet and letting him run at the defence, given the conditions. As it was they brought him on, too late, and he scored with one of only two bits of quality from Arthurlie. Too little too late.

Penicuik 2nd should not have stood as their number 8 elbowed an Arthurlie player in the build up. Linesman flagged but ref overruled him.

3 reds for Arthurlie but game was not dirty. Penicuik 8 lucky to see out the game.

Penicuik pies hit the spot.

It was indeed and Arthurlie had 3 sent off.

Penicuik pies were up to scratch, as usual.

Wizny there bud spent time with my grandaughter my freind was tho

You must b some weight noo☺

Penicuik 2 Arthurlie 1

I have watched Penicuik 3 times in the Scottish this season and, on two occasions, if they lost, no one other than the most biased fan could complain. With the good fortune and grit that they are displaying, who knows how far they can go but, they are not a particularly good team IMO.

I am no tactical genius but, Arthurlie missed a trick today by not playing Danny Burns down the left, playing the ball to his feet and letting him run at the defence, given the conditions. As it was they brought him on, too late, and he scored with one of only two bits of quality from Arthurlie. Too little too late.

Penicuik 2nd should not have stood as their number 8 elbowed an Arthurlie player in the build up. Linesman flagged but ref overruled him.

3 reds for Arthurlie but game was not dirty. Penicuik 8 lucky to see out the game.

Penicuik pies hit the spot.

I disagree. I thought they were a good team and their record this season suggests it is no fluke.

Even the two defeats recently against the other 2 midlothian teams were worth a point in each.

The linesman flagged for OFFSIDE and at the time virtually everyone in the ground knew it was an og. The referee said to the linesman that the touch came from Arthurlie and awarded the goal.

The build up play incident was no more than a clash - and when the referee plays on after all the free kicks through out the match he must have had a good view.

Penicuik probably had 1 shot on goal and won 2-1 Arthurlie I think only had 1 in the 2nd half although they bossed the game for large parts.

I would also question Penicuiks Offside goal from a free kick and suggest it was either onside or very close.

further more i agree with you that it wasn't a nasty game but 1 of the Arthurlie players can be very fortunate that an off the ball incident wasnt spotted in the middle of the park.

Not a game to set junior fans pulses racing but some result for Penicuik

I disagree. I thought they were a good team and their record this season suggests it is no fluke.

Even the two defeats recently against the other 2 midlothian teams were worth a point in each.

The linesman flagged for OFFSIDE and at the time virtually everyone in the ground knew it was an og. The referee said to the linesman that the touch came from Arthurlie and awarded the goal.

The build up play incident was no more than a clash - and when the referee plays on after all the free kicks through out the match he must have had a good view.

Penicuik probably had 1 shot on goal and won 2-1 Arthurlie I think only had 1 in the 2nd half although they bossed the game for large parts.

I would also question Penicuiks Offside goal from a free kick and suggest it was either onside or very close.

further more i agree with you that it wasn't a nasty game but 1 of the Arthurlie players can be very fortunate that an off the ball incident wasnt spotted in the middle of the park.

Not a game to set junior fans pulses racing but some result for Penicuik

Arthurlie hit the bar in the 2nd half as well as their goal.

I didn't say their results were flukes. What I was trying to say was that the result in this game and the one against Lanark could have gone the other way and it would not have been a travesty.

The build up play incident was no more than a clash

Agree the linesman flagged for offside but the boy in front of Rushford was offside.

My gripe with the goal was our left back caught an elbow and had a head knock the ref played on and the goal came down the side where he would of been. Why didn't he stop play like he did when a Penicuik player went down 10 mins later.

Even late on in the scramble it didn't look like anyone's offside but not sure if ball crosses the line.

Good luck to Penicuik in the next round, but we feel let down by the match officials today.

Agree the linesman flagged for offside but the boy in front of Rushford was offside.

My gripe with the goal was our left back caught an elbow and had a head knock the ref played on and the goal came down the side where he would of been. Why didn't he stop play like he did when a Penicuik player went down 10 mins later.

Even late on in the scramble it didn't look like anyone's offside but not sure if ball crosses the line.

Good luck to Penicuik in the next round, but we feel let down by the match officials today.

Regarding their goal, the two players went up for the ball and you are right there was contact and from memory the goal came from a cross from your left.

was it bad enough to justify stopping the play and was it a head knock - I dont know, the only reason i can come up with was that the ref didn't see it or didnt think it was a head knock, also your player maybe didn't make enough of it and I don't think he went off or received treatment.

I only say this as for about 80 minutes of the game we were treated to constant stopping, school teacher talking to, and general breaks in play.

I would question if the penicuik player was offside and I cant stand this interfering with play rule.

If he was offside - he is interfering with play! otherwise the defender brings the ball down, turns and plays the ball out, but because the striker is there he has to make a clearance.

Cant comment on the scramble at your end as impossible to see. you can't help think that if the boys who had been sent off were in the box the chances of scoring would greatly be increased.

Whilst the officials were not helping the game, the conduct and way the 3 players were sent off must be hugely dissapointing. The 1st one coming at a time when you were on top after the break forcing early corners and looking good. The last two with 5 minutes still to go and only needing 1 goal for a replay.

We had a good view of the scramble and none of our group thought the ball had crossed the line.

Some of the Arthurlie players, particularly number 5 allowed themselves to be distracted by constantly moaning and blaming the ref. Last 2 reds in particular could and should have been avoided to keep the pressure on to the very end.

I hope yesterday's linesman has recovered from his near death experience!! Haha! The Linesman involved was the old Welsh guy who likes to give out a bit of verbals. He started on the Beith dugout within 15 seconds of kick off telling Con to get in his cage when they hadn't even said anything to him!! Bizarre. When Hurlford scored their second late on (their first being what looked a very soft penalty which looked less of a penalty than a nudge on McLean in the first half) the Lino turned to Beith bench and winked at them!!!! Any wonder their was a reaction?? Hobbs was sent off for squaring up to the official and asking him why the f**k he was winking? After that there was a collision between the Lino and Charlie as Hobbs ran to the Changing Rooms. Intentional? I'd say the Lino stepped into Charlies path...

I hope yesterday's linesman has recovered from his near death experience!! Haha! The Linesman involved was the old Welsh guy who likes to give out a bit of verbals. He started on the Beith dugout within 15 seconds of kick off telling Con to get in his cage when they hadn't even said anything to him!! Bizarre. When Hurlford scored their second late on (their first being what looked a very soft penalty which looked less of a penalty than a nudge on McLean in the first half) the Lino turned to Beith bench and winked at them!!!! Any wonder their was a reaction?? Hobbs was sent off for squaring up to the official and asking him why the f**k he was winking? After that there was a collision between the Lino and Charlie as Hobbs ran to the Changing Rooms. Intentional? I'd say the Lino stepped into Charlies path...

no matter what goes on during a game you just cannot react like that especially in a cowardly fashion ie from behind would expect a lengthy ban or more to follow.how can we expect younger folk to come into these positions in the game when this sort of thuggery is happening. no need whatsoever. by the way I am no fan of mr Wallace by any means

Not included in the Hurl ford highlights ? If it's not that bad surely it should be included? This would stop all the speculation .

Archived