Clyde vs Shire

Both teams come into this one with two wins behind them, Shire with the more impressive Queen's Park/Arbroath double but we are also on form winning four of our last 5 and a last minute equaliser doing us out a perfect 5/5.

Injuries to McLaughlin and Ferguson looked like sore ones on Tuesday so will have to assume both are out. Was Slane on the left (wasn't there midweek?) If so maybe we could bring McDougall onto the right as we are short in the wide areas anyway without Fergie being injured.

Elgin don't play this weekend so we could go into the trip on Tuesday potentially two points behind East Fife in 4th if EF and Annan lose to the top two.

All ifs and buts, at least it will garner some excitement in an otherwise drab season. If we lose then effectively the season is gone as we won't finish bottom and we will have given ourselves too much to catch up on EF.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both sides have the right to be confident going into this. Shire have recorded two very impressive back to back wins. You need to go back to 10th January for our last defeat, 4 wins and two draws in that time.

Two obvious changes aside I would go with the team that played the majority of Tuesday's match. The same level of performance should see us get the 3 points.

In the 5 games since we last played them, Shire have won four, including beating the top 3, two of them away

Suggests this will be the hardest out of the 3 home games on the bounce. If we manage to take something & Arbroath beat Montrose, I'd say we should then be safe on assumption Montrose aren't the next to do a Lazarus

I think it would take us beating Shire then both Elgin & Arbroath away to start thinking about anything like 4th at the end of the season

I don't think S McLaughlin is going to be back this season as he was saying he has broken his arm in two places and had a pin inserted and was also saying the bone had came through his arm when it happened so could be a while before he can play again and Fergie is awaiting an MRI scan to see if he has damaged his ligaments so fingers crossed on that one.

It wasn't that long ago that we beat East Stirling at Ochilview so hopefully we can beat them again but its going to be a tough one with them in just as good form with some great away wins so we need to avoid losing this one but hopefully we will have a bit too much for them going forward.

2-1 Clyde

Despite the two injuries, there are still a number of options. McQueen, after Tuesday, is a must; the earlier we settle the better, both wins this week would have been cricket scores had we put away early chances. He roughs them up, and with Slane Parker and Roberts in behind, there's oodles of quality even with McDougall on the bench. Or alternatively, he starts at 7 in a straight swap, and hopefully grabs his chance. Wouldn't be surprised if Marko sat this one out too. Can't see us holding out for a third clean sheet if so, but it'll come together up front and i'll opt for 2/3-1 Clyde.

In the 5 games since we last played them, Shire have won four, including beating the top 3, two of them away

Suggests this will be the hardest out of the 3 home games on the bounce. If we manage to take something & Arbroath beat Montrose, I'd say we should then be safe on assumption Montrose aren't the next to do a Lazarus

I think it would take us beating Shire then both Elgin & Arbroath away to start thinking about anything like 4th at the end of the season

fair comment on shire but they had one shot at goal on wednesday and scored arbroath had something like 18 ,still they won the game would imagine they will set up like montrose last week so bit of patience required , but to say if we manage to take something :wacko: its east stiring we are playing

2 or 3 nil to the Clyde

fair comment on shire but they had one shot at goal on wednesday and scored arbroath had something like 18 ,still they won the game would imagine they will set up like montrose last week so bit of patience required , but to say if we manage to take something :wacko: its east stiring we are playing

2 or 3 nil to the Clyde

& it's a Clyde side they're playing where the main difference has been a 39 year old defender whose out injured by the sounds of it

they'd at least 3 decent shots against Queen's Park last week

& it's a Clyde side they're playing where the main difference has been a 39 year old defender whose out injured by the sounds of it

Murray Parker and slane have contributed nothing?

let's play 4 6 and waste time from the first minute and hope for a draw:)

Much as i agree that there's nothing to be cocky about, over caution against any team in this league (including us for the other sides) is just laughable. A draw is entirely possibly a result, and if thats what happens then tough titty for the season. But the only outcome which should be discussed is victory....'if we can get something' is a phrase you'd use if you were away to Schalke in the Champions League, it shouldn't be inspiring fear to face East Stirlingshire. As for the oldies, the 36 year old Andy Millen and Darren Sheridan kept the heads cool when all around them was a world of shit......as did even Marvyn Wilson. Bit of a cheap shot to suggest benifitting from this is some kind of crutch.

A rising Firhill talent, Kevin Nesbitt, up against former Firhill hero Marko "The Hoor" Roberts aided by shitey loanee from Celtic Paul "The Whore" Slane. To be fair he was with us prior to a personal meltdown so never showed anything for us. Definetly has the talent to shine at this level. Tough one to call but I fancy East Stirlingshire by the odd goal in five.

Slane is 100% a Clyde player, fuckface. To be fair, he'd not only shag your burd, he'd shag her better than you've ever done. PSYD.

:lol: I look forward to his tweets.

Met his dad the other week the disappointment in saying where has ended up was palpable 8)

Slane is 100% a Clyde player, fuckface. To be fair, he'd not only shag your burd, he'd shag her better than you've ever done. PSYD.

I meant he was a shitey loanee for us from the Glasgow City Council works XI, dickwad 8)

Good to see that Clyde will avoid the lowland league for now.

Has Bazza turned things around at the Lucky White Heather Arena?

Is a playoff place a possibility?

:unsure:

A rising Firhill talent, Kevin Nesbitt, up against former Firhill hero Marko "The Hoor" Roberts aided by shitey loanee from Celtic Paul "The Whore" Slane. To be fair he was with us prior to a personal meltdown so never showed anything for us. Definetly has the talent to shine at this level. Tough one to call but I fancy East Stirlingshire by the odd goal in five.

that Rab C Nesbett's boy ?

Archived