West of Scotland draw

KR88

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on when the last 16 draw will take place? With some Clubs running out of fixtures and becoming more difficult to cast them I would have thought making the draw would give the fixture secretary more options, there must be a lot of free weeks coming up.This Cup is supposed to be the third competition in the West Region but it doesn't get promoted very well.

Talk is it will be made on the 14th April at the next west association meeting.

Absolute shambles and total incompetence from the beaks, Auchinleck played Larkhall in the second round on the 6th of December if the draw is on the 14th of next month by the time Talbot and get round to playing the 3rd round it will be nearly 6 months between rounds 2 and 3, then we will have the farce of playing the 3rd, 4th semi and final in the space of 7-8 weeks before the season ends.

Honestly junior football in the west region is being made an utter mockery of by men who should be nowhere near the positions they are in it really is beyond farcical.

If I was involved in the sponsorship of this competition, I'd be seriously considering my options, tournament has been treated with utter contempt by the association

If I was involved in the sponsorship of this competition, I'd be seriously considering my options, tournament has been treated with utter contempt by the association

Think every cup competition is treated with utter contempt hence why we don't have a main sponsor for our biggest competition! The league is also treated this way! Teams not having played each other once by this stage of the season is utterly embarrassing! The juniors are very much going backwards and will continue to go that way until there is a change at the top!

Talk is it will be made on the 14th April at the next west association meeting.

Absolute shambles and total incompetence from the beaks, Auchinleck played Larkhall in the second round on the 6th of December if the draw is on the 14th of next month by the time Talbot and get round to playing the 3rd round it will be nearly 6 months between rounds 2 and 3, then we will have the farce of playing the 3rd, 4th semi and final in the space of 7-8 weeks before the season ends.

Honestly junior football in the west region is being made an utter mockery of by men who should be nowhere near the positions they are in it really is beyond farcical.

Good post,but just don't go Purple Harry*.

* 5.25 at Newcastle ;)

Think every cup competition is treated with utter contempt hence why we don't have a main sponsor for our biggest competition! The league is also treated this way! Teams not having played each other once by this stage of the season is utterly embarrassing! The juniors are very much going backwards and will continue to go that way until there is a change at the top!

Absolutely no reason why there can't be.This forum is the perfect conduit (whether on the open forum,or by PMs) for the exchange of information,and the organization of Clubs that will,sooner,rather than later,see the current mob ousted from the Towers.

Probably why P&B never seems to be flavour of the week in the corridors of power. :)

Absolutely no reason why there can't be.This forum is the perfect conduit (whether on the open forum,or by PMs) for the exchange of information,and the organization of Clubs that will,sooner,rather than later,see the current mob ousted from the Towers.

Probably why P&B never seems to be flavour of the week in the corridors of power. :)

I totally agree Tommy. Plenty of supporters and clubs officials on here who are totally disgruntled with how the the powers that be so call "run" the setup. As you say this is a great platform to hear other supporters and clubs views on matters which otherwise you may have missed ie how many weeks they haven't planned for, teams they haven't played yet this season etc.

Honestly can't see changes happening anytime soon but it would be nice to think it could. Thing a few clubs would need to get together and kick start the motion but don't see that happening unfortunately.

I totally agree Tommy. Plenty of supporters and clubs officials on here who are totally disgruntled with how the the powers that be so call "run" the setup. As you say this is a great platform to hear other supporters and clubs views on matters which otherwise you may have missed ie how many weeks they haven't planned for, teams they haven't played yet this season etc.

Honestly can't see changes happening anytime soon but it would be nice to think it could. Thing a few clubs would need to get together and kick start the motion but don't see that happening unfortunately.

Oh it'll happen alright spud.And it'll happen because of the exchange of views and opinions between guys who previously would be lucky if they exchanged words a couple of times a year and if they recognized each other at games.

Now though,thanks mainly to this forum,guys are meeting at games,putting faces to names and,probably most importantly,voicing and agreeing on their dissatisfaction with the current performances from those who have become so complacent and so inefficient, in posts where they have remained unchallenged for so long.

As the old adage says,'the only thing constant is change'...and change is on the way! 8)

Oh it'll happen alright spud.And it'll happen because of the exchange of views and opinions between guys who previously would be lucky if they exchanged words a couple of times a year and if they recognized each other at games.

Now though,thanks mainly to this forum,guys are meeting at games,putting faces to names and,probably most importantly,voicing and agreeing on their dissatisfaction with the current performances from those who have become so complacent and so inefficient, in posts where they have remained unchallenged for so long.

As the old adage says,'the only thing constant is change'...and change is on the way! 8)

I like your optimism Tommyboy. The juniors really could and should be run better. That is maybe being unfair to the East and the North as I belive they miles ahead of the west in terms of fuxtures and cup draws (I maybe wrong tho). The west have been on the slippery slope for years and as I said it doesn't look like it will get better anytime soon. Hopefully you're correct though. The west have treated clubs and supporters like shite for a long while now even though they are the life blood of the juniors. I eagerly await the changes for the sake of the juniors.

I like your optimism Tommyboy. The juniors really could and should be run better. That is maybe being unfair to the East and the North as I belive they miles ahead of the west in terms of fuxtures and cup draws (I maybe wrong tho). The west have been on the slippery slope for years and as I said it doesn't look like it will get better anytime soon. Hopefully you're correct though. The west have treated clubs and supporters like shite for a long while now even though they are the life blood of the juniors. I eagerly await the changes for the sake of the juniors.

I keep on being asked who we have in the west of Scotland cup and I can't answer it to the point that I'm getting pissed off with being asked .

How fucking hard can it be to make a draw for what's supposed to be the west of Scotland regions second most important cup? ( a whole two minutes of the idiots who are in charge out their lives) ; if I was a sponsor I would have fled ten years ago .

Likewise how fucking hard can it be to give teams a game against one another before they play twice and some teams not to have faced one another at all?

I'm sorry but these idiots In charge are killing our game when we are craving people to attend.

From a very disgruntled beith fan.

Archived