Linesman in the east superleague

spud2

I always believed that referees had assistants in the superleague but at the Dale v fauldhouse game on Saturday there wasn't any. I reckon thats 3 times already this season fauldhouse haven't had linesman.With this being our 1st ever season in the "big " league can anyone tell me if this happens regularly and whether linlithgow or any of the so called big guns have to make do without them.

I always believed that referees had assistants in the superleague but at the Dale v fauldhouse game on Saturday there wasn't any. I reckon thats 3 times already this season fauldhouse haven't had linesman.With this being our 1st ever season in the "big " league can anyone tell me if this happens regularly and whether linlithgow or any of the so called big guns have to make do without them.

I can't remember the Rose playing a league game without asst refs but it does happen in some cup games.

Hard fact - there isn't always enough officials to cover every game. Officials can often be called away to cover other games which are probably deemed more important than the Juniors.

I believe the SFA now appoint the Refs each week rather than the regional secretaries - not sure what if any criteria they use in the appointments - league positions etc??

All I was trying to find out was not having asst refs in the superleague a regular occurrence. Saturdays game with the Dale was a massive game in both teams season yet no asst ref's. To be honest I wasn't surprised to read that linlithgow have them at every league game. Surely this is unfair on all us other teams who have worked extremely hard to get to the big league. I also wonder if this happens in the west. I regard the east superleague the best in Scotland but to not have 3 officials at games seems pretty unprofessional. It would also stop tracy slating refs on a Saturday night if they had some help.

All I was trying to find out was not having asst refs in the superleague a regular occurrence. Saturdays game with the Dale was a massive game in both teams season yet no asst ref's. To be honest I wasn't surprised to read that linlithgow have them at every league game. Surely this is unfair on all us other teams who have worked extremely hard to get to the big league. I also wonder if this happens in the west. I regard the east superleague the best in Scotland but to not have 3 officials at games seems pretty unprofessional. It would also stop tracy slating refs on a Saturday night if they had some help.

Any game I've ever been to in the west regions top 2 divisions have always had two assistants.

Bigger pool of officials to choose from?

Any game I've ever been to in the west regions top 2 divisions have always had two assistants.

Bigger pool of officials to choose from?

We always have linesmen/woman for league games, but at the start of the season for the cup games, when playing away it's just the poor ref. (Who has a hard enough job)

I think it's down to the home team who pay the costs ?

In the scottish, I don't think it's stipulated until you reach a certain round.

We always have linesmen/woman for league games, but at the start of the season for the cup games, when playing away it's just the poor ref. (Who has a hard enough job)

I think it's down to the home team who pay the costs ?

In the scottish, I don't think it's stipulated until you reach a certain round.

Yeah sorry I meant the league games. Judging from what I've seen of Scottish games in the early rounds, if a home club is in one of the leagues who get assistants, they get assistants, if not, they Don't. I was at a game this year and the away team were a super premier side against a district club and the ref was on his own, very difficult for him I thought.

Archived