What the fans want?

Gartcairn Army

Hi Guys,

In these tough times financially for a lot of people, Gartcairn Football Academy are looking for fresh ideas of what will attract a healthy crowd every week. I understand good football and top players are the obvious ones but what else could your club offer you to keep you and your friends and family coming along every week??

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

In these tough times financially for a lot of people, Gartcairn Football Academy are looking for fresh ideas of what will attract a healthy crowd every week. I understand good football and top players are the obvious ones but what else could your club offer you to keep you and your friends and family coming along every week??

Thanks

Are you thinking of putting a team in the Juniors or south of Scotland? What you can offer will depend on where and who you play.

Some very good points lads and all very much appreciated. Gartcairn are looking to get into the central league for next season and we do have over 600 kids in our academy, very similar to Rossvale. There is nothing in our area on a Saturday afternoon if Airdrieonians are away from home and even when they are at home its £15 just to get a seat lol very expensive.

Thanks again lads

Army

Some very good points lads and all very much appreciated. Gartcairn are looking to get into the central league for next season and we do have over 600 kids in our academy, very similar to Rossvale. There is nothing in our area on a Saturday afternoon if Airdrieonians are away from home and even when they are at home its £15 just to get a seat lol very expensive.

Thanks again lads

Army

Going down the cheap alternative route, with heavy publicity of it is worth a try. One negative though, Airdrie has no history of junior football so stimulating interest will be tough.

Where do you intend playing?

Gartcairn are looking to get into the central league for next season and we do have over 600 kids in our academy, very similar to Rossvale.

Thats good news, if Rossvale are anything to go by you's will a welcome addition to Junior football and will be a good experience for the youths coming through. Best of luck!

A home league game this year would be nice, this will be the fifth away game Beith game played on the trot in the league. No other club would put up with this pish! Rant over!

oh your neighbours have had worse treatment believe me..They hate the valley up at the ivory towers

Airdrie as a town has plenty of people with an interest in football so I've no doubt if the product is there they will get the support of the locals. I'm delighted that someone is at last thinking about starting up a junior team, I for one would gladly support it. Good luck to all concerned with it

Not interested enough to actually go though, as the existing team there have found out.

A new club should probably ask for donations rather than a fixed gate price. Try to build a support first.

Airdrie lost a lot of its support when they went out to Broadwood to play and never got them back again, another factor is the admission cost to the league games, £4 and £2 entry to junior football would get the support coming out to games again

I'm well aware of all the reasons why Airdrie lost support. Broadwood was only one. It might work plenty of junior teams get by with little support. To their advantage Gartcairn have a huge infrastructure to help support and fund the club. I think location is a key point. A small, proper ground will be important to help change from a development setting to junior club in a competitive league.

Just had a look on Google maps - I assume you're playing out of one of the 3G parks up at Airdrie Leisure Centre. Either of them would be okay - they're both enclosed - but neither have any cover, which will impact on attendances once it gets to this time of year.

Like a couple of people said earlier, an onsite pie hut would be a good idea rather than having people do a sponsored walk to the leisure centre at half time to use the vending machines. Programmes aren't essential, but are a good source of extra revenue in two respects; people buy them and you can also sell advertising in them.

Finally, and I'm sure you've thought of it, if you're thinking of joining the Juniors, I'd drop the "Football Academy" from the name - a lot of potential spectators might be put off thinking it's kids' football.

Good luck!

Airdrie as a town has plenty of people with an interest in football so I've no doubt if the product is there they will get the support of the locals. I'm delighted that someone is at last thinking about starting up a junior team, I for one would gladly support it. Good luck to all concerned with it

agreed Airdrie has a lot of people involved in the juniors from players and people on committees at other clubs. I'm delighted to hear there's going to be a local junior team in the area

We will be playing out of MTC Park which is positioned just behind Airdrie sports centre however it will need a few things done to it to get it up to junior standard such as dugouts and covering the surrounding fence etc, We will look to have something in place to serve tea coffee soup bovrils etc and there is excellent parking in the school. in time we will have a stand built but as you guys say it will take time. I appreciate all these ideas and Mr Murphy you are welcome along anytime!

Thanks lads

Archived