Ayr United v Peterhead

Another big game at Somerset on Tuesday. Yesterday's performance wasn't pretty but it was workmanlike and gritty, we done enough and deserved the win. Will Peterhead be making a late push for the playoffs? Forrest still suffering from Tonsillitis so I would bench him, having Murphy back is a massive bonus for the team as a whole. Anyway, Ayr will be full of confidence going into this match and I fancy us to win and go 7points clear of the playoffs. Is the game in much doubt? The pitch held up well yesterday but lots of rain forecasted before Tuesday. I suspect it will be on but pitch won't be in the best of nicks.

3-1 Ayr

Predicted line up post-43636-14252018796297_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somerset park, under the floodlights, all the supporters behind the goals with a pinch of optimism, a few choice tackles early on and the place will be buzzing again.

Thank you Mr McCall for what you have done so far

Is it free admission to this game? I paid to see it last time but the SPFL in their wisdom has ordered a replay. Same result again will do.

The club have released a statement saying it'll be full price as the SPFL wouldn't compensate us other wise.

It's dry but forecast for showers later on, think it should be on. Hope there's a minute's silence for Stuart McGrady before this clash of the titans.

Never knew McGrady had passed away. Remember him benign quite young playing against Stranraer then playing a couple of games under Gerry Britton.

Thanks lads.

FWIW's Murphy absolutely strolled it on Saturday, and looked to be in good shape. I'd be tempted to keep him in...

Keep him in the team ................free him...........make up your mind will you :P

I'd keep the same back line as Saturday, as they were pretty solid, however I quite like the idea of DAAS thinking. Above all else we need to take something from this game although I'd be disappointed if we didn't win.

Remember against Brechin once, They made a substitution, the player came straight on the park and went knee high studs up on McGrady and was red carded, must have been on the park 30 seconds

I think there was a story about him once having to take the night off or having to go straight to work in KFC at Heathfield after scoring a winning goal for Ayr

Archived