• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the battle of the gentrified names, I'm actually quite confused. Partick were comically bad against us, but then beat a decent Dundee United side. If Patrick is that bad again, Ross will thrash him again. If not, who knows?

In the battle of the gentrified names, I'm actually quite confused. Patrick was comically bad against us, but then beat a decent Dundee United side Donald. If Patrick is that bad again, Ross will thrash him again. If not, who knows?

The bottom of the league is indeed confusing just now. Mother did Well yesterday too, for example.

What is the PATRICK all about?...jeez it's even a jags fan that started the thread! Anyway, injuries allowing, we have to go with the same side and just go out and have a go like we did yesterday. When we play like that we are capable of beating anyone in the league, probably bar Sellik. Should be a great game. County are in great form and if our confidence isn't booming after that display yesterday, it will be majorly disappointing......even taking into account our inability to string two results together

I think I'm going to make my first ever trip to Dingwall for this one. This is our game in hand over St. Mirren so a win would take us 10 clear of both them and Ross County with 10 matches to go. We'd be all but certain of safety.

County are in good form though. Given we've two home matches after this (against St. Johnstone & Inverness CT) I'd maybe settle for a point.

I would expect the same teams to play that beat Dundee and Dundee United respectively. County will have more of a midfield contest on their hands with Jimmy Craigen in the team. I'd say he has less quality than Stevenson but Stevenson didn't show much at Firhill a week ago, so at least many more yards will be covered. And having Lawless, Higginbotham and Taylor on the counter naturally makes me wary.

Having said that, I'm all for seeing Balatoni and Frans up against the two centre forwards again. I gather that Balatoni was an improvement on Seaborne but he's still barely good enough for the top flight, some of his play in the lead up to being dropped was awful. He's good for scoring at corners though.

Is this a match thread for Ross County v Partick Thistle?

Conceding less and less, looking a threat going forwards... Tough game to call, though. SURELY we can't win 4 on the trot?!

What is the PATRICK all about?...jeez it's even a jags fan that started the thread! Anyway, injuries allowing, we have to go with the same side and just go out and have a go like we did yesterday. When we play like that we are capable of beating anyone in the league, probably bar Sellik. Should be a great game. County are in great form and if our confidence isn't booming after that display yesterday, it will be majorly disappointing......even taking into account our inability to string two results together

SO MUCH WOOOSH.

SO MUCH WOOOSH.

In my defense, a) I hadn't noticed (it's easy to miss) that it said Patrick rather than Partick... and b) A thread for this match already exists elsewhere, making this one slightly superfluous and unnecessary.There are PLENTY of fans out there who mistakenly think our name is shortened to Ross, and it's possible Partick Thistle fans exist who think Partick Thistle refer to themselves as Partick, rather than Thistle.

Had I noticed it said Patrick, I'd've approved instantly.

As it is, at a push I will confess to a pinch of whoosh, but no more.

I would expect the same teams to play that beat Dundee and Dundee United respectively. County will have more of a midfield contest on their hands with Jimmy Craigen in the team. I'd say he has less quality than Stevenson but Stevenson didn't show much at Firhill a week ago, so at least many more yards will be covered. And having Lawless, Higginbotham and Taylor on the counter naturally makes me wary.

Having said that, I'm all for seeing Balatoni and Frans up against the two centre forwards again. I gather that Balatoni was an improvement on Seaborne but he's still barely good enough for the top flight, some of his play in the lead up to being dropped was awful. He's good for scoring at corners though.

Higginbotham came off injured so it remains to be seen if we can play the same team again. If he isn't I'd probably rather we play Elliott further forward and brought Booth back in than played McDaid from the start. For all it's been nice to see Archie give one of the youngsters a chance yesterday showed how much support Taylor has been lacking in recent weeks without Lawless and Higginbotham.

Seaborne is suspended for this game I believe so it'll be Balatoni and Frans at the back anyway although I wouldn't have expected Archie to change it. We really need to just pick a central defensive pairing and stick with it rather than the constant chopping and changing of late.

I have a good feeling about this game. 3-0 Patrick 8)

Not been to Ross in years. Looking forward to it despite an early departure time.

Think we might win this tbhwy.

I think you might win it too, but then I think we might win it, if it's not a draw and then I think it might get called off if the weather turns bad. A bit undecided to be honest.

Not really

Personally thinking that Partick can't be as bad as the last time we played them. Also that our wee 'run' has to come to an end at some point. Then again with every game we have (certainly the last few) we're looking better. Think it's fair to say that the squad looks to have a bit of strength about it now, so.........

Personally thinking that Partick can't be as bad as the last time we played them. Also that our wee 'run' has to come to an end at some point. Then again with every game we have (certainly the last few) we're looking better. Think it's fair to say that the squad looks to have a bit of strength about it now, so.........

See what I mean? Try not to figure it out, it hurts....

I think you might win it too, but then I think we might win it, if it's not a draw and then I think it might get called off if the weather turns bad. A bit undecided to be honest.

How good or bad is your pitch compared to ours?

Archived