Irvine Meadow,Whats happened?

maurice shavez

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A heard from someone they have no money, and due to the way their players are paid they are now on about 25 quid a week and not happy.

Could be shite but interesting that our recent signing Scott Davidson was training with them for a month and they couldn't give him a contract

A heard from someone they have no money, and due to the way their players are paid they are now on about 25 quid a week and not happy.

Could be shite but interesting that our recent signing Scott Davidson was training with them for a month and they couldn't give him a contract

Yes that is 100% true, Medda don't have enough money to pay the players their full wage at this time due to the lack of income & matches over this winter period. In saying that I bet most teams in the league will be in the same boat ? IMHO I dont think this has had an impact on the way the players are playing & think it's just the medda's turn to go through a wee bad spell like every other team in the league.

Hopefully the weather has turned for the better & our clubs can get back on an even keel .

Yes that is 100% true, Medda don't have enough money to pay the players their full wage at this time due to the lack of income & matches over this winter period. In saying that I bet most teams in the league will be in the same boat ? IMHO I dont think this has had an impact on the way the players are playing & think it's just the medda's turn to go through a wee bad spell like every other team in the league.

Hopefully the weather has turned for the better & our clubs can get back on an even keel .

interesting,makes perfect sence.must have cost the club a few pounds in win bonuses when on their prefect run.

If memory serves me correctly I seem to recall the Meadow getting off to a poor start in the first few league games last season then they went on a run I think winning 10 and drawing one, before falling away in the last 4/5 league games, thus costing them any chance of catching Talbot. This season the have got off to a fantastic start but have now fallen away league wise, its as if they are capable of a great run of games but cant sustain it over the course of the league campaign and at the moment their form will cost them the league to either Talbot or Hurlford, the Meadow are a good team but are just lacking that wee bit extra a team like Talbot has.

Bankie bear is only saying what a lot of people have heard then wtm is on acuseing him of makeing it up

every thread I read u are on causing bother or slating everybody f**k off back under the stone u crawled out from and let the adults use the forum

"Bankie bear is only saying what a lot of people have heard"

With respect, bullshit. This is simply another example of the feebler minded element in the Junior section making up stories because they're bored.

These "I've heard" posts in the last few weeks got to the stage that Cumnock were consulting lawyers over some of the vicious rubbish doing the rounds about them without a shred of evidence. An overreaction as I said at the time, but I'm sure Irvine Meadow would understandably take exception to any whispering campaign being made about them not being able to pay their pledges when they have various suppliers (drink, food, etc) for whom credit terms are an essential part of keeping the club running.

every thread I read u are on causing bother or slating everybody f**k off back under the stone u crawled out from and let the adults use the forum

Chill out man!

Oh can we have Sawyers and Deas back please meadow .

I think things are just evening themselves up and meadow are about where they should be.

They are not a great team and the 10 wins from 10 games at the start flattered them and they were a bit lucky in some of those games. Now things are maybe not quite going their way

If memory serves me correctly I seem to recall the Meadow getting off to a poor start in the first few league games last season then they went on a run I think winning 10 and drawing one, before falling away in the last 4/5 league games, thus costing them any chance of catching Talbot. This season the have got off to a fantastic start but have now fallen away league wise, its as if they are capable of a great run of games but cant sustain it over the course of the league campaign and at the moment their form will cost them the league to either Talbot or Hurlford, the Meadow are a good team but are just lacking that wee bit extra a team like Talbot has.

Do you mean a lot of money,Harry? :huh:

Incidentally.any word of that wee scamp,Ernie? Has he unearthed any more' scoops' recently? :)

Been there also.the bad winter a few years ago.and it will be bad for more than meadow this season.

Talbot have no major investor, we work hard at the corporate sponsorship and match sponsor side of the business. We have a group of fans who provide the club with a monthly donation and we have a separate fundraising committee for continuous ground improvements. We certainly don't have a bottomless pit and feel the pinch like the rest. We won't spend a penny the wrong way. That's the only way to run your club these days

"Bankie bear is only saying what a lot of people have heard"

With respect, bullshit. This is simply another example of the feebler minded element in the Junior section making up stories because they're bored.

These "I've heard" posts in the last few weeks got to the stage that Cumnock were consulting lawyers over some of the vicious rubbish doing the rounds about them without a shred of evidence. An overreaction as I said at the time, but I'm sure Irvine Meadow would understandably take exception to any whispering campaign being made about them not being able to pay their pledges when they have various suppliers (drink, food, etc) for whom credit terms are an essential part of keeping the club running.

Lmao f**k off you absolute roaster, I'm just saying clearly what alot of people have been talking about.

Absolute p***k away back to your carer. Cretin

Archived