Stirling Uni v Gretna

Scruffy

I'm going along to this game on Saturday, expecting to see a good game, especially looking

at recent results.

I was at the game last season which finished goalless,not entirely down to the players missing chances.

End of the game and I saw a small bunch of 'greetin' Gretna fans airing their views towards the..........ball boy!

apparently he was being either slow to the ball if it was a Gretna throw or maybe even left the Gretna player to

retrieve the ball himself.

As I listened to the complaints a Stirling official went past without a word either to defend the boy or otherwise,

which makes me wonder whether there was some bad sportmanship going on or not.

It wasn't something I noticed at the time, I believe the fans were especially complaining about the final 15 minutes.

Not having been at games this season I wonder if the boy is still helping out?

What do other supporters remember about it?

Do you think the University should have the ball boy there at all?

I'm going along to this game on Saturday, expecting to see a good game, especially looking

at recent results.

I was at the game last season which finished goalless,not entirely down to the players missing chances.

End of the game and I saw a small bunch of 'greetin' Gretna fans airing their views towards the..........ball boy!

apparently he was being either slow to the ball if it was a Gretna throw or maybe even left the Gretna player to

As I listened to the complaints a Stirling official went past without a word either to defend the boy or otherwise,

It wasn't something I noticed at the time, I believe the fans were especially complaining about the final 15 minutes.

How ironic, Stirling Uni complaining of bad sportsmanship. Have you any suspended players needing to play this year? I am sure there must be loophole somewhere that you can actively find so you can play them.

PS if you do go to the game, don't forget to put on your make up on. It seems to be the in thing at Stirling Uni.

at recent results.

About 15/16 y/o by any chance?

My view probably biased but I think the boy does a good job.

Ball being punted out at Forthbank can be a problem the laddie

can only attempt to do the farside, so behind the goal and the two

corners of the ground on the tunnel side, can cause delays in the game.

As to any complaints should there be any, have to remember the lad is a

volunteer so any moans would be better discussed with officials of the

Stirling team.

Wilkinson, yes your right boy 16yo.

Lets hope for an entertaining game, and any 'greetin' from Gretna is

only because they have been beat fair and square!

My view probably biased but I think the boy does a good job.

Ball being punted out at Forthbank can be a problem the laddie

can only attempt to do the farside, so behind the goal and the two

corners of the ground on the tunnel side, can cause delays in the game.

As to any complaints should there be any, have to remember the lad is a

volunteer so any moans would be better discussed with officials of the

Stirling team.

Wilkinson, yes your right boy 16yo.

Lets hope for an entertaining game, and any 'greetin' from Gretna is

only because they have been beat fair and square!

Think it might be my mate, supported Stirling uni for years for no particular reason, his dad and him just do. Hes been a ballboy for a couple seasons I think.

Cicero, I think you slightly missed my question, firstly I am neutral when I go to games I tend to roam the grounds rather

than follow one team. I was pointing out the disappointed Gretna fans having a go at the ball boy, when their frustration

must have really been with their own teams lack of firepower in this game.

Also pointed out that a Stirling Uni official didn't comment either way, was he happy with the ball boy?

I would have thought at 0-0 both teams would want the ball back in play as quick as possible.

Thought I would just mention,

Admission to the game, is the usual £4 Adults, £2 concessions.

Correct monies very much appreciated.

Been informed tonight that NO programmes will be available.

Some consistency there then, there wasn't any progs last season either!

the ball boy in question, His Birthday on Sunday!

So think he will be even more desperate to see the Uni win,

if they are 1 goal in front with 10 mins left, expect him to waste time, lol!

I'd like to thank the Stirling correspondents for exposing another University practice counter to the spirit and laws of the game. Let's hope today's referee, Mr Dickinson, is a reader and will be on the lookout for this. Of course the lad in question, and quite frankly I do not remember him or recall the incident, will be under intense scrutiny. I hope he can handle it. Perhaps the university might ask themselves whether they need a ball boy today?

I'd like to thank the Stirling correspondents for exposing another University practice counter to the spirit and laws of the game. Let's hope today's referee, Mr Dickinson, is a reader and will be on the lookout for this. Of course the lad in question, and quite frankly I do not remember him or recall the incident, will be under intense scrutiny. I hope he can handle it. Perhaps the university might ask themselves whether they need a ball boy today?

its Gretna they are playing, of course they will need a ball boy!!

Looking forward to hearing the Gretna excuses after today's defeat . too wet?? Ball boy not throwing the ball on fast enough?? Refs fault?? Fire away guys or some honesty would be nice :)

I take it you weren't at the game. Then you would've known that there was no ball boy.

No complaints about the result. Stirling deserved their win.

We were the better team in the second half but we were not going to win anything with defending like that.

I was there and there was a ball boy on the far side getting the ball when ever it went in the stand. I'm sure Mr Hardy will agree with me on this one as he was helping him as well.

I missed him completely. I saw someone retrieve the ball from the opposite stand but he didn't look like fifteen or sixteen year-old.

The shenanigans of last year are becoming a distant memory now as the hospitality shown by all at Stirling today were first rate.

Archived