Lugar Boswell Thistle

Kennie

League winners medal?? Are you serious Sgt. Slaughter :o

Lugar will finish 3rd at best. They will not catch Ardrossan or Kilwinning.

Someone's bitter about the continual letdown that us Whitletts Victoria... Absolutely no reason why Lugar can't catch them.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone's bitter about the continual letdown that us Whitletts Victoria... Absolutely no reason why Lugar can't catch them.

If George did manage to split the top two and get Lugar promoted I think it would go down as one of his best achievements . I realise its not his squad and Carlo will take a lot of credit if they do manage it but the top two have looked very strong and to come in with a different management style and then push on with not much resources changes would be impressive in my book. Saying that don't see it happening though!!! Sorry George!

If George did manage to split the top two and get Lugar promoted I think it would go down as one of his best achievements . I realise its not his squad and Carlo will take a lot of credit if they do manage it but the top two have looked very strong and to come in with a different management style and then push on with not much resources changes would be impressive in my book. Saying that don't see it happening though!!! Sorry George!

If the appeal favours Lugar I believe they will be awarded a 3-0 win. That will make things interesting.

LADESIDE

If the appeal favours Lugar I believe they will be awarded a 3-0 win. That will make things interesting.

LADESIDE

In the past, the region have not awarded points (or a 3-0 win for that matter) to any club who wins an appeal (only usually happens at senior level). They will deduct points from the club who loses the appeal. In saying that, I've only known it to happen to a club who has been deducted points after winning a game, not drawing one. Will be interesting to see (if any appeal favours Lugar) whether 1 or 3 points are deducted.

In the past, the region have not awarded points (or a 3-0 win for that matter) to any club who wins an appeal (only usually happens at senior level). They will deduct points from the club who loses the appeal. In saying that, I've only known it to happen to a club who has been deducted points after winning a game, not drawing one. Will be interesting to see (if any appeal favours Lugar) whether 1 or 3 points are deducted.

West Region rule book - On a protest being sustained in a league match, the club protested against will have any points won, goals for and

against deducted from their score, together with any other penalty as the Committee may determine.

In addition the successfully protesting Club will be awarded 3 points in the event of a defeat, or 2 points in the event of

a draw together with a goal difference of 3 goals for and 0 against.

West Region rule book - On a protest being sustained in a league match, the club protested against will have any points won, goals for and

against deducted from their score, together with any other penalty as the Committee may determine.

In addition the successfully protesting Club will be awarded 3 points in the event of a defeat, or 2 points in the event of

Cheers Kennie. Thought it was the case

Only read from here but it seems an open & shut case that even Bill "easy jet" Copeland would have a better than average chance of winning lol

LADESIDE

Not disagreeing with the rule book Kenny, but when was the last time it was actually put into practice. Kilwinning last year must be the prime example. I may be wrong, but were they not just deducted the points without the teams they had played against being awarded any? I may add that this is only an observation and I wasn't actually disagreeing with FOTJ. Would be quite happy for the rule book to be enforced this time (if case is proven).

Not disagreeing with the rule book Kenny, but when was the last time it was actually put into practice. Kilwinning last year must be the prime example. I may be wrong, but were they not just deducted the points without the teams they had played against being awarded any? I may add that this is only an observation and I wasn't actually disagreeing with FOTJ. Would be quite happy for the rule book to be enforced this time (if case is proven).

It used to be the case that the club protested against lost the points and the protesting club gained nothing, pointswise anyway. But the rule was changed and it is now as I previously posted. Successfully protesting club WILL be awarded etc

It used to be the case that the club protested against lost the points and the protesting club gained nothing, pointswise anyway. But the rule was changed and it is now as I previously posted. Successfully protesting club WILL be awarded etc

Thanks for clearing that up Kenny. Still looking at the old rule book.....lol

Can you state exactly when the rules were changed?

3 points in the event of a defeat...2 points in the event of a draw !!!

So it's better to lose than draw and hope to win an appeal so you can get more points ?.

3 points in the event of a defeat...2 points in the event of a draw !!!

So it's better to lose than draw and hope to win an appeal so you can get more points ?.

Plus the original one point accrued for the draw. So you get 3 points in total either way.

Archived