Lugar Boswell Thistle

Kennie

Lugar Manager, George Grierson has moved swiftly to secure the services of Gary Russell. The ex-Whitletts Victoria player was released by the Ayr club last week and George has brought him on board at Lugar as a coach. George and Assistant Manager, Kevin Deeney, are both delighted with this new addition. Gary is the second coach to join Lugar in the last two weeks Another recent addition to the coaching staff is George Walker, George is a goalkeeping coach and both he and Gary bring a wealth of experience to the Rosebank set-up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear! Don't tell me Whitletts done something without letting you know first.

Or maybe the Whitletts website has jumped the gun and announced it before its actually been processed yet. They wouldn't be in any rush to push through release when he's injured for 6 weeks anyway

Good luck to him then. Heard the young boy Paterson from Lugar has signed with Maybole as well. Big step up for him if you ask me. Not sure he's at Super 1st quality as I wasn't that impressed with him against us earlier in season.

You heard wrong.

Good luck to him then. Heard the young boy Paterson from Lugar has signed with Maybole as well. Big step up for him if you ask me. Not sure he's at Super 1st quality as I wasn't that impressed with him against us earlier in season.

I'd be surprised if that happened at this stage of the season on 2 counts.

1- At Lugar he still has a chance of a league winners medal and their fate is in their own hands, whereas Maybole will be lucky to finish mid table.

2- Very surprised at Carlo coming in for a player that could play such an important role in the run in to that title. Especially as he was responsible for putting that team together and would gain great credit if they won the league.

1- At Lugar he still has a chance of a league winners medal and their fate is in their own hands, whereas Maybole will be lucky to finish mid table.

2- Very surprised at Carlo coming in for a player that could play such an important role in the run in to that title. Especially as he was responsible for putting that team together and would gain great credit if they won the league.

Am I reading this correctly? Do you think Carlo Walker would get credit if Lugar won the League?

Am I reading this correctly? Do you think Carlo Walker would get credit if Lugar won the League?

Only on the basis that he had put the team together and had got them into a promising position. If they do win or get promoted then credit will be obviously go to people currently at the club, but CW will have played a part in that success.

Only on the basis that he had put the team together and had got them into a promising position. If they do win or get promoted then credit will be obviously go to people currently at the club, but CW will have played a part in that success.

Remind me again. When did Carlo move to Maybole?

League winners medal?? Are you serious Sgt. Slaughter :o

Lugar will finish 3rd at best. They will not catch Ardrossan or Kilwinning.

Archived