Ross County vs Dundee

Another 3 points is a must for us here if we're to seal a spot in the top 6 considering the run of fixtures we have after it. County seem to have had our number a little bit this season though and we don't have the best of records up in the Highlands.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where in the hell did Dundee pull an unbeaten in 8 games record from? Never noticed that one. Still, all good things come to an end. I'm with Les, 3:2 County with us looking great going forward, but still giving away a couple of soft goals at the back.

Alex Harris has looked quite good in recent weeks, he seems so much more like the player that first came through at Hibs rather than the one whose confidence was destroyed under Terry. He'll be a good test for Jamie Reckord, who had an iffy couple of weeks but was back to usual against Partick Thistle.

Are there any betting markets for Dundee to score from a corner kick? Maybe McPake anytime is worth a bash. County will need to score at least a couple to win again.

I'm not so worried about the first goal now, I think this County side has enough character to react to goals conceded. I think a lot will depend on which side gets to set the tempo more. Dundee have some quality ball players in midfield, but County will want to keep the tempo high to force errors and put the visitors on the back foot.

We have a clear knack of shitfesting games at the moment. County to play the best football they've played all season in a 2-2 draw and left wondering how the hell we scored. One being an OG the other being a misplaced clearance from our own half lobbing Regeuro/Brown.

Maybe (but I don't believe that any team outside the top two are immune to it).

But Paul McGowan can certainly be forced into mistakes in uncomfortable areas.

Did he too once lose a man at a corner?

McGowan (apart from Harkins) is our best midfielder. He won't make a mistake.

Come on sweet baby karma.

I'm not exactly confident about this game, but I'm not as nauseatingly terrified as I have been every week for the last few months.

I'm pretty happy with our squad (other than how bloated it is), and given our last two results and line-ups, I'm hoping Jim has maybe turned a corner in his understanding of our players (although I'd still have Woods and Irvine further down the queue).

Looking at Dundee's results its a while since they had an 'impressive' result. Of the last 13 league games (since December) probably the 4-1 win at home against Motherwell, and 3-3 draw at Pitoddrie, stick out. But they're still in decent form and have that undefeated record, which is very much more impressive than our current unbeaten record!

As long as we can continue the same tempo and pressing as recently, and the same confidence and movement going forward, I think we can take something from this game. Another win would be massive, but I expect Dundee to be a much better team than Motherwell and Partick were. Would probably be happy with a draw, but would love another win. Still far too close at the bottom.

*ETA - I dont expect a win, in case the above sounded too much like confidence!

A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

I expect a 4-4-2 but I would prefer to see Kiss come in for either Irvine or Woods, and maybe Boyd out for Meite or Burgess. It's probably not particularly fair on him however.

Come on sweet baby karma.

I'm not exactly confident about this game, but I'm not as nauseatingly terrified as I have been every week for the last few months.

I'm pretty happy with our squad (other than how bloated it is), and given our last two results and line-ups, I'm hoping Jim has maybe turned a corner in his understanding of our players (although I'd still have Woods and Irvine further down the queue).

Looking at Dundee's results its a while since they had an 'impressive' result. Of the last 13 league games (since December) probably the 4-1 win at home against Motherwell, and 3-3 draw at Pitoddrie, stick out. But they're still in decent form and have that undefeated record, which is very much more impressive than our current unbeaten record!

As long as we can continue the same tempo and pressing as recently, and the same confidence and movement going forward, I think we can take something from this game. Another win would be massive, but I expect Dundee to be a much better team than Motherwell and Partick were. Would probably be happy with a draw, but would love another win. Still far too close at the bottom.

*ETA - I dont expect a win, in case the above sounded too much like confidence!

You're hardly sticking your neck out there saying you don't expect us to be as bad as Partick or Motherwell. They are both fellow relegation fodder to yourselves while we are top six big dogs.

Where in the hell did Dundee pull an unbeaten in 8 games record from?

We actually haven't lost that many games this season (only Inverness, Aberdeen and Celtic have lost less) but it doesn't really get noticed because when we have been in the spotlight (derby games), we've been embarrassingly bad. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing overly special about us and our league position is probably about right, but we've remained competitive in every league game this season apart from United x2 and St Mirren at home.

I think this is one of the toughest games we've faced in a wee while and we've struggled with Ross County already this season due to how deep they force us back into our own half.

Don't know what fitness levels for the injured guys are like but if Irvine and Tankulic are fit, I'd put them straight in. Irvine in for Dyer as a straight swap and Tankulic in for Harris to play Stewart deeper.

That might seem harsh on Harris but we're a lot more effective when we get Stewart deeper and he has the opportunity to get involved with the game and win possession. Reckford also gave him quite a harsh time in the last game.

It would give us a bench with Harkins and Harris on and if things are going badly, they are two brilliant substutes to have.

A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

I expect a 4-4-2 but I would prefer to see Kiss come in for either Irvine or Woods, and maybe Boyd out for Meite or Burgess. It's probably not particularly fair on him however.

Boyd was good on Saturday, all of the back 4 had good games with very few dodgy moments.

I missed the Motherwell game, where Reckord by most accounts had his poorest performance for us yet. But he was excellent on Saturday, both going forward and defending.

Only player who didnt impress was Irvine, though he was too often a couple of yards from where he should have been (he actually looked quite sluggish at times), and lost the ball too often. His workrate and 'good moments' just about mitigated that, but would rather see Kiss come in. Bound to start again though.

If we're discussing players who some of us are wary of putting in the first team: Woods looked decent again (I say again, this is also based on reports from Motherwell game). Also bound to start again, but has picked up some form and should work well with Kiss. Assuming Palazuelos is still out.

Also, Curran held the ball up well on Saturday, uses his body very cleverly, but we have players who are much better footballers (and penalty takers...). Did his job though, got another goal, and McIntyre clearly likes him. Bound to start again as well.

Did it come out why Curran took the penalty? Given Boyce and Gardyne let him, I hoped/thought maybe he is shit-hot at them in training?

You're hardly sticking your neck out there saying you don't expect us to be as bad as Partick or Motherwell. They are both fellow relegation fodder to yourselves while we are currently top six, admittedly having played a game more than the Super J's big dogs.

That's not what I said. I said "much better" not "less bad".

The scale goes: even worse - as bad - less bad - better - much better - genuine top 6 standard - big dogs. ;)

(I'm ignoring the game in hand you have over Accies in my amended quote, ssshhh....)

Maybe (but I don't believe that any team outside the top two are immune to it).

But Paul McGowan can certainly be forced into mistakes in uncomfortable areas.

Especially in Airdrie town centre after a few pints with his m8s 8)

Archived