Dumbarton v Queen of the South

Seems to be a lot of "we've no chance" mind games from the Dumbarton fans here, mind you they know what their team's like. I don't think this will be an easy game, hope to be proved wrong and we win with a bit to spare but to be honest I would settle for any margin of win. With Falkirk breathing down our necks even draws away from home could be costly in the run-in.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be a lot of "we've no chance" mind games from the Dumbarton fans here, mind you they know what their team's like. I don't think this will be an easy game, hope to be proved wrong and we win with a bit to spare but to be honest I would settle for any margin of win. With Falkirk breathing down our necks even draws away from home could be costly in the run-in.

We've picked up 1 point in 2 months, with defeats against Cowden and Livi contributing to our woeful run. We also have an absolutely horrific record against Queens and if we stick with Murray's bizarre powderpuff midfield combo we'll be looking at a trouncing.

I'm finding it hard to muster up any sort of interest in this fixture.

This could be a good chance to creep three points away from Falkirk. They are playing the rangers and normally are frightened of them.

Indeed. Friday night will be one of the rare occasions that I will be actively supporting The Rangers. In fact it is probably the first time ever. I'll be sure to bathe myself in bleach come full-time.

With that game being a Friday night we'll have no shortage of motivation to pick up the win ourselves. Whatever the result in Falkirk, this will be a huge 3 points if we can get them.

Indeed. Friday night will be one of the rare occasions that I will be actively supporting The Rangers. In fact it is probably the first time ever. I'll be sure to bathe myself in bleach come full-time.

With that game being a Friday night we'll have no shortage of motivation to pick up the win ourselves. Whatever the result in Falkirk, this will be a huge 3 points if we can get them.

I'll be rooting for a draw. That way both teams drop points and we have the opportunity, on Saturday, to pull away from Falkirk and closer to Rangers. With two games left against them, I havent given up hope of catching Rangers for third

I'll be rooting for a draw. That way both teams drop points and we have the opportunity, on Saturday, to pull away from Falkirk and closer to Rangers. With two games left against them, I havent given up hope of catching Rangers for third

I have given up on that.

That said it`s all mind games in case:-

1. Any Rangers players can read.

2. They are reading this thread.

I agree. Rangers have too many games in hand (two of which are against Livi and Cowdenbeath) for us to likely get anywhere near them. If we do that's great but at this point I'd rather Falkirk dropped an extra point.

They do, but then we have two head to heads left to play and they have an extra game against Hearts.

It's realistically all about us and Falkirk for 4th place.

I can't see 2nd and 3rd spots being available to anyone other than Rangers and Hibs, though not necessarily in that order.

Am I right in thinking that there is no advantage to being either 3rd or 4th, on the grounds that if you do manage to beat 2nd top in this league, and 2nd bottom from the Upper league, to get there you have to play six games anyway?

Perhaps you should aim for 2nd. Ambitious, but not unachievable for you.

Am I right in thinking that there is no advantage to being either 3rd or 4th, on the grounds that if you do manage to beat 2nd top in this league, and 2nd bottom from the Upper league, to get there you have to play six games anyway?

Perhaps you should aim for 2nd. Ambitious, but not unachievable for you.

The only advantage in terms of the play-off schedule is that the team coming 3rd is at home in the 2nd leg of the 3rd/4th play-off match.

I`ll be delighted if we are 4th. We won`t be 2nd.

The only advantage in terms of the play-off schedule is that the team coming 3rd is at home in the 2nd leg of the 3rd/4th play-off match.

I`ll be delighted if we are 4th. We won`t be 2nd.

Aye, good luck with your challenge. No real reason why, with a wee bit of luck, you couldn't make second. You're a good team.

We know this. You've fucked us royally for as long as I can remember!

Archived