Falkirk v Livingston

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this on one of the Livi forums but our problem this season has been not performing well when it matters most.

Sounds like that's the case today, play well against the best team in the league and turn to shite for the next team we play.

Posted this on one of the Livi forums but our problem this season has been not performing well when it matters most.

Sounds like that's the case today, play well against the best team in the league and turn to shite for the next team we play.

Shite doesn't even cover it. Not exaggerating when I say it's the worst half of football I've ever saw from a professional team. Utterly, utterly embarrassing. Falkirk could get out the deck chairs for the second half.

Shite doesn't even cover it. Not exaggerating when I say it's the worst half of football I've ever saw from a professional team. Utterly, utterly embarrassing. Falkirk could get out the deck chairs for the second half.

Listening to the radio and that was pretty much what was said, something along the lines of DJ keeping the score down while MacDonald is just having a little walk in the sun. Not really that surprised tbh, it's how we've been this season, and exactly why we're bottom of the league.

Our first half performance today deserves credit before any slating of Livi comes into it. The best football we have played under Houston this season IMO. The movement of the front two was outstanding.

2-0 flattered the worst team we have played this season. I just hope were keeping goals for the next 2 weeks. Exciting times to be a Bairn

A serious question for livi fans, why was number 11 not on from the start? He looked really good when he came on. Overall Falkirk took their foot off the gas too much in the second half, first half was some of the best football I've seen this season.

A serious question for livi fans, why was number 11 not on from the start? He looked really good when he came on. Overall Falkirk took their foot off the gas too much in the second half, first half was some of the best football I've seen this season.

Any time Hippolyte has started he's not been up to it. I'm not sure why because he is a cracking player, just seems to do a lot better coming off the bench.

That was an outstanding first half but we were flattered by a god-awful Livi. Leahy and Duffie were given the freedom of the park.

Some credit to Livi for the changes made at half time - both players went wide midfield and stopped our fullback, and congested the midfield. We were never really threatened though, and Smith and Morgan should have put the game out of sight.

No weak performers in the team. McCracken will need to watch when he's washing his shorts - he'll have to take White out of his back pocket first.

Special mention - again - to Sibbald. There were points in the game when he really was taking the piss, he's such a great footballer.

Just a bit frustrating that we didn't keep playing for the full 90 minutes. Yet again, we eased off when a five or six goal win looked to be very much on the cards. Hippolyte looked half way decent, when he came on. Think he is one of Livingston's growing band of bad boys with "issues" alongside Pittman and Gallagher.

Got to be positive and say the first half was more about us being excellent rather than Livvy being gash..........but they did look pretty grim.

Jordan White...........nice to see that we weren't wrong.

Before I start, Falkirk played some fantastic stuff today, up there with the best football I've seen in a while from a team in this division and if it had been 6 at half time we couldn't have complained, play like that for the rest of the season and id say you will finish above QoS.

Now onto us, that was completely shambolic, an unacceptable performance.

We gave everything and some against Hearts in the two previous games but today we didn't give anywhere near enough effort that a team in our position should give, we where 2nd best all over the place, shat out of every 50/50, seemed to take great delight in looking up to then punt the ball to no one, it's up there with the worst performances from any Livi team ever.

The least I expect is a bit of fight, determination, hunger all these things you need when your suppost to be fighting for your life at the bottom of the league, we done none of these, we didn't even look interested. It says a lot about us that Falkirk had the game won after 15 minutes, took the foot off the gas in the 2nd half but still created plenty good chances to make it 3, 4, 5 even 6, so a team in 2nd gear still tore us a new arsehole.

I'm amazed that we had fans still sticking up for the team in the first half, completely blinkered happy clappers are the only people that would've found that acceptable today.

Anyway again well done Falkirk on the win, as for us we are doomed.

The day started badly when I got hit by one of the practice shots behind the goals and then it got worse with a terrible Livi performance. Falkirk were good that first half but we made them look great. I don't know what we do in training but it sure as hell doesn't involve accurate passing of the ball. Falkirk pressed but more often than not we just gave them the ball anyway. DJ's saves and some near misses by Falkirk kept the score down. I had a wee bit of confidence that we might beat the drop after two good performances against Hearts but that's all gone after today. Wur doomed now.

Archived