Hibees V Sons

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........................Rogers.............................

Linton, Taggart, Findlay, Wilson.............

Gilhaney, .......Agnew........Easton...........

...............Meggison, Campbell..............

........................Fleming..........................

Subs, Grindlay, Mair, Turner, Duggan, McCallum, Petrie

I'm typing this at half-time and the game is already out of sight, but I simply cannot believe that team selection.

Not content with having frittered away f**k knows how many points with an obsession with three centre-backs, Ian Murray seems instead to be pursuing a Charge of The Lightweight Brigade in midfield and upfront. We hear that Petrie and Duggan are prospects with their parent clubs so just what is the point of loan deals when you don't field these guys ?

I'm assuming Andy Graham has a knock in all of this......

Utterly dreadful. Our best pals from Edinburgh could've stuck 8 past us and I wouldn't have complained.

Truly bizarre decision by Muzz to play the lightest weight midfield in the history of time itself. Petrie had to start. We were overrun in midfield against Cowden and completely dominated today.

Duggan is the oldest looking 21 year old I've ever seen. Liked the look of him though, looks like Jim Lister and was strong, quick and direct.

Bringing Turner on when we went 3 down was far too late. I'd also have brought Petrie on before him, CT still looks unfit.

Couldn't think of a better team to lose to though ♥

Utterly dreadful. Our best pals from Edinburgh could've stuck 8 past us and I wouldn't have complained.

Truly bizarre decision by Muzz to play the lightest weight midfield in the history of time itself. Petrie had to start. We were overrun in midfield against Cowden and completely dominated today.

Duggan is the oldest looking 21 year old I've ever seen. Liked the look of him though, looks like Jim Lister and was strong, quick and direct.

Bringing Turner on when we went 3 down was far too late. I'd also have brought Petrie on before him, CT still looks unfit.

Couldn't think of a better team to lose to though ♥

:wub:

Hibs were very good today , a very good football team but should have punished Sons more?. We were very lightweight as predicted. Scott Taggert was comfortably our best player today and hope he keeps his place at CB next week . Duggan looks a reasonable option. Petrie on bench a strange one I thought with the way day went.lot of work to do and thoughts on team selection before next week

Hibs were good but we made it so ridiculously easy for them.

I simply cannot fathom why Murray went with the team he did. Did he not learn from last week? Does he think we're going to grind out a win against an in form Hibs with a midfield of Megginson, Agnew, Easton and Gilhaney? Hugely frustrating.

Whilst Petrie (a so called 'tough tackling left sided midfielder') sits on the bench collecting skelfs on his arse, we concede 2 of the worst goals you'll see all season from, believe or not, the left hand side. Megginson out there is a total waste of time and it's got to the point where we either play him up front or don't play him at all. The less said about Linton the better. Archie continues to run around like a heidless chicken whilst Fleming contributes the square root of hee haw (been the case since his starting place was guaranteed thanks to our sheer lack of options). Again Easton continues to look pish and him and Agnew as a central midfield combo simply do not work. He'd be best suited playing in behind a striker, but if it's glaringly obvious we wont do it. Wilson doesn't look like the player I thought we had signed but it's unfair to judge him on that alone.

Hacksaw looks like he could be a handy addition but I'm still not convinced that he wasn't a signing borne out of utter desperation. Our January transfer dealings have killed our season IMO. We may have claimed Bryan Prunty wasn't good enough but what I'd give to have him back. We currently have a squad of development loans and guys who couldn't give a shit about Dumbarton or where they will be playing next season. At least he cared and gave 100%.

I sat on the bus home looking at our ever decreasing upcoming fixtures and I'm seriously struggling to see where our next win will come from.

I fear the worst.

QOS at home next week is a banker away win if we set up as we did today (and last week)

If we line up with Petrie beside Aggy/Kirkpatrick in centre mid and Easton tucked in behind the Duggan then we might have a chance. I've a horrible feeling it'll be a similar powderpuff midfield next week though.

As I said earlier I liked what I saw of the hacksaw today. He had limited service but dropped deep, was strong and quick and brought the wingers into play more. He's also never 21 in his life :lol:

I won £25 on Djedje as first scorer, wasn't a bad day out at all. Nice pint in Middletons before the game, a bit cold in the second half mind. Very poor away support must be said, maybe 100? That Hibs team is much better than the one that got relegated, better organised also. Stubbs has defo done well, another year in that league would be no good though, even if the Orcs are in it.

Archived