Raith v Rangers

Of course HT, she is a Rangers fan, goes without saying ;)

Can't be.

She's smiling..

After our rather lackluster show on Saturday the lads will need to lift the effort considerably for Friday. However, that said, the side are capable of turning over "the worst side in The Rangers history.." Given that our capitulationist style in our earlier meetings has been replaced, under Malpas, with a never give up attitude which brought us that draw, I'd say all results were possible.

0-0 then :rolleyes:

Oh... and get the Macraes Battallion strip on ! :thumsup2 (sorry Val)

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh... and get the Macraes Battallion strip on ! :thumsup2 (sorry Val)

Indeed.

I've got to say that another good element of last week's cup tie was seeing the preposterous, vacuous poppy obsessed tub thumpers, humbled by those sporting a sincere, understated and classy symbol of remembrance.

The rangers confidence must be rock bottom, I really hope we get stuck in about them from the start, get in their faces and press them high up the park, if we do I fancy a wee result, if we sit off them that will play into their hands.

We must have a reasonable chance of a result here.

It's unlikely there'll be a better chance of a home win over Rangers than the one presented to us this season. The only problem is that we're pretty ineffectual up front. Normally, that would be the end of that, but it didn't seem to hinder us at Ibrox.

Nade is pretty hit or miss. Elliot (the 2013 version) was better than him at holding up the ball and bringing others into play. Mark Stewart doesn't look like he'll be the answer either. He's not go height, so can't win high balls. He's not got much presence so can't hold the ball up. He's not got an eye for goal, so he doesn't score much. But Mark can run. Run Mark! Run!

Still, we've got Conroy for free-kicks and Anderson for pace and and the odd goal, so you never know. Callachan might get another goal now he's off the mark.

C'mon Rovers_Lad! Don't let a few songs put you off attending! You'll still hear them on telly/radio. I noticed on the radio commentary for the Hibs game that Liam Sutherland thinks people singing The Sash is actually people singing Sack The Board. Tight trousers must affect his hearing. Personally, I don't mind the party tunes. Certainly wouldn't keep me away.

Yeah he's just like Graham Weir, only he doesn't seem to command the same level of blind support from our fans as Weiry did. Maybe we've had our fill of "heidless chicken" forwards!

Yeah he's just like Graham Weir, only he doesn't seem to command the same level of blind support from our fans as Weiry did. Maybe we've had our fill of "heidless chicken" forwards!

He's better than Weir, he's actually scored at this level.

Another glass half empty guy here ... Can't see us grabbing anything from this for 1 reason ... We are at home !

For some reason Cups + Away = WINNER !! Home + League = Meh.

Serious though, Gers are a hit & miss, but they always seem to do us in league games and I think this will be the same, especially after not 1 but 2 cup defeats, they will be right up for this ... Hopefully our boys will be just as riled up and go for it again, I'll go 2-1 Gers, Stewart scoring as people are writing him off hahaha :P !

It is a hard one to call this. The The Rangers are absolutely murder, confidence rock bottom etc. We played brilliantly at Ibrox so the two 'shat yer breeks' performances in league before christmas should hopefully not be repeated. So in this regard I am very confident. But they do still have better players and is it likely we will beat them twice in a row? Odds would say no. However... Alloa.

f**k it, Rovers win. Into these bigots

ETA - What is do folk think the crowd will be? Are all the away sections sold?

season ticket holder it but will probably watch on the TV save my ears from the sectarian,unionists songs and avoid the the many erseholes that follow the Rangers

The only song I can remember hearing at the last meeting at Starks Park was something like, "Stick your indepedence up your arse".

Which was an odd choice for a taunt as its likely at least half the home support voted No.

F*ck it, The Rangers are brutal just now, they're there for the taking! McDowall will be sitting there on Friday thinking "what's 10down, 4 letter word, rhymes with Colin Nish?!" on the Record's crossword section. The only cause for concern I have for us is that we must start well, started well and continued on for the next 90mins at Ibrox 2weeks ago, started very poorly on Saturday at home to Falkirk and it nearly cost us (the ref didn't help mind you, but that's by the by!).

I'll stick my neck out, repeat score line at Ibrox, 2-1 to the Rovers!

I wasn't surprised we won at Ibrox two weeks ago. Given the form we were in and the turmoil The Rangers had leading into the game. Only the people who don't follow Scottish football would have been surprised by it. They played much better against Hibs, and were in many ways unfortunate not to get a result. Our home form has been poor all season, and I struggle to see how we'll get anything out of it. Our season is pretty much over now. We're not going to get relegated nor are we going to make the play offs.

The only song I can remember hearing at the last meeting at Starks Park was something like, "Stick your indepedence up your arse".

Which was an odd choice for a taunt as its likely at least half the home support voted No.

Well that half of the rovers support can feck off and sit with their unionist pals.

Archived