Raith v Rangers

The problem here being that if a Rangers fan was walking to the game and sung that, he'd probably be arrested and charged under that Act. A few hundred singing it in the stadium and nothing happens; what a message to send.

The law needs binned, and this just really confirms it isn't fit for purpose. A dreadful piece of legislation from the start which doesn't solve anything and is applied haphazardly.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooft. That kind of thing's normally saved for behind closed doors, so I wonder what sparked that off.

Actually, never mind. Guaranteed someone would find it acceptable justification, whatever it was.

Maybe he didn't like her singing.

The guy is always contoversial because he always seems to be looking for an argument. I think he might be due some more therapy.

The singing is poor but spitting in a ten year olds face is far worse IMO. TBH defending somebody that has spat in a kids face is also pretty poor but hey...each to their own.

I never done that. The incident was thrown out, I don't know if he did or didn't but he was found not guilty. I said he should be punished if found guilty.

Another poor attempt from you 8

I know it's not really the point, but did Collymore beat someone he was married to, in addition to what he did to Ulrika?

Former England footballer Stan Collymore has been charged with threatening to kill his estranged wife.

The 33-year-old is due to face four charges next week after an alleged incident at the home of his parents- in- law. It is claimed the former Liverpool, Aston Villa and Nottingham-Forest striker turned up at the house in Heath Hayes, Staffordshire, and attacked his wife Estelle's £15,000 Mini Cooper S. The front passenger side window is

s a id to have been smashed.

Collymore is then said to have threatened to kill her before saying he would burn down the home of her parents, Alan and Hildegard Williams.

Mrs Collymore, 26, and the couple's three-year-old daughter Mia have been staying with her parents since she moved out of her £1million house in nearby Cannock Chase, Staffordshire, after the footballer's sex confessions two months ago. He was exposed for having sex with strangers in public. "I can only beg for forgiveness," he said at the time.

Collymore is now due to appear before Mid-Staffordshire magistrates on Monday accused of behaving abusively, causing criminal damage, making a threat to kill and issuing a threat to cause criminal damage.

A spokesman for Staffordshire Police said: "A 33-year-old man from the Cannock area was arrested at his home on Monday. A file has been sent to the Crown Prosecution Service. In the meantime the man is on police bail

Archived