Cowdenbeath v Alloa

It was great to see the players dig in and fight all the way yesterday. Another win on Sat will give us wee bit of breathing space and hopefully keep creeping up on Dumbarton.

Not overly bothered about performance, only 3 points matter here.

Surely Brownlie to start

Mon the cowden

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't argue with that Muzz

Not the biggest fan of Chris Kane but he settled yesterday n come onto a no bad 2nd half

I've said since 1st day of season it's all about results in these games (Dumbarton livi all on raith) so far we've not really delivered.

Sat is a real chance to open a gap

I would take a draw. A defeat here undoes a lot of the good work at Dumbo as we would move below them with a tough 3 games coming up. A win and we would really move away from Livi which would be huge.

I'll go as far to say if we win here we won't finish bottom.

I would take a draw. A defeat here undoes a lot of the good work at Dumbo as we would move below them with a tough 3 games coming up. A win and we would really move away from Livi which would be huge.

Problem is it's Alloa.No matter how badly they are playing, they always give us a tough game.

All our games this season are important, but this is a crucial game for us given the gap we can open up on Alloa if we win. It's as close to a must win as you can get given our next 5 fixtures after this one! Hearts(A), Rangers(H), Hibs(H), QOS(A) & Rangers(A).

Looking forward to this one. Same team but Brett for Miller?

The way he's played the last few weeks I would agree but he did well yesterday. Don't see how Deano can start ahead of him. Would be great to have the wee man as an option on the bench though.

I read a stat yesterday that said Alloa have 1 win in 19 league games. If we win on Saturday it's a huge boost to our survival chances. Shows how shockingly bad we've been this season that we're even thinking about Alloa who have a record like that.

I read a stat yesterday that said Alloa have 1 win in 19 league games. If we win on Saturday it's a huge boost to our survival chances. Shows how shockingly bad we've been this season that we're even thinking about Alloa who have a record like that.

It's actually 1 in 20!

I think we will win on Saturday if we show the fight we showed in the second half yesterday.

Let's turn out in numbers on Saturday and I call on the fans to create an atmosphere and cheer us on to another important victory.Let's play our part in another championship survival campaign.

There was a Coo.....

This seems a good a time as any to take a look at the remaining fixtures for us and Livingston...

Alloa
21/2 - Cowdenbeath (A)
28/2 - Hibernian (H)
7/3 - Dumbarton (A)
14/3 - Falkirk (H)
21/3 - Raith (A)
28/3 - Livingston (H)
8/4 - Hearts (A)
11/4 - Dumbarton (H)
18/4 - QotS (H)
25/4 - Hibs (A)
2/5 - Cowdenbeath (H)
?/? - Rangers (A)
Cowdenbeath
21/2 - Alloa (H)
28/2 - Hearts (A)
7/3 - Rangers (H)
14/3 - Hibs (H)
21/3 - QotS (A)
28/3 - Rangers (A)
4/4 - Dumbarton (H)
8/4 - Raith (A)
11/4 - Livingston (H)
18/4 - Falkirk (A)
25/4 - Hearts (H)
2/5 - Alloa (A)
?/? - Falkirk (H)
Livingston
21/2 - Falkirk (A)
28/2 - Raith (H)
11/3 - Hibs (A)
14/3 - Rangers (A)
21/3 - Dumbarton (H)
28/3 - Alloa (A)
8/4 - Falkirk (H)
11/4 - Cowdenbeath (A)
18/4 - Hibs (H)
25/4 - Raith (A)
2/5 - QotS (H)
?/? - Rangers (H)
I've italicised the games that nobody would really expect to pick up any points from at this stage; anything gained there would be gravy. Cowden definitely seem worse off that either of the other teams in that regard.
Surprised Livingston are still bottom, TBH. Still think they'll just about do enough to avoid last place; the occasional batterings they've administered to other teams imply they've got enough to pick up more points when needed, and that goal difference may come in handy.
We're relying on the new front players hitting form quickly (or for Spence and Buchanan to start putting away chances again). The possession game worked really well in the first half of the season, but we didn't have the quick cutting edge to take advantage. We've switched to a more direct game lately, and we've suffered as a result IMO; giving the ball away just leaves more opportunities for the opposition. Sticking with the patient build-up and playing the in-form strikers is our best chance, for me. I'd take our remaining fixtures over the other teams, but certainly not our form :(
8th place really might come down to the results in the two Alloa-Cowden games we have left. Wear your brownest of trousers, people.
Edit: typo from BigFatTabbyFingers :P

How have Alloa's new strikers looked so far?

I'll leave that to folk like Wilky, as we've mainly been on the road since they came in, and I don't get to the away games, sadly.

Worth mentioning that there's a dry run at the Recs on Monday night in the Development League. Worth going along to; the reserve games have been fairly entertaining this season.

Archived