Selkirk pumped

tynie1874

An injured oconner played most of the game despite having a Shan performance.

From my experience of being at Selkirk the gaffers to soft, to much of a 'lad' the boy Guiney isn't a football player how he gets a game is beyond me.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I have seen a local derby for a while and after reading about the last one was very disappointed with Selkirk, especially as Gala played for the majority of the game with 10 men!

The scoreline flattered Selkirk as Gala could easily have had another 5 and I don't recall the Gala keeper having to make a save!

It was a new look back 4 since the last time I saw Gala play and they had a new Center half who looks to have a bit pace and quality that has been missing at the back for a long time. He played really well alongside Devlin and the pair were never troubled, kept the ball on the deck and never tried to burst the ball like the previous pair!

Apart from a shaky 5 mins after half time Gala were totally dominant all over the park and i couldn't fault any of the gala players other than they should have scored loads more goals but the goals they did score were well worked team goals!

There was a real good crowd and good atmosphere but I was disappointed that Selkirk never gave their new signing a run out after the big write up he was given in the local press during the week!

Thot the ref would have added time on for his own injury time out treatment?

An injured oconner played most of the game despite having a Shan performance.

From my experience of being at Selkirk the gaffers to soft, to much of a 'lad' the boy Guiney isn't a football player how he gets a game is beyond me.

Does being grossly overweight and unfit count as injured or was he also carrying some kind of injury? Actually felt sorry for the lad as I remember seeing him play at Ibrox against Rangers when he first came on the scene and to see him now is sad and a bit of a sorry sight!

He's been injured since playing against haddington juniors midweek just before I left, not sure the situation but just grapevine stories.

He's a class act, and has good dressing room banter.

Helps the lads out with where to go etc so he's good that way.

Think Selkirk need a whole new defence, scoring goals didn't seem to be a problem. Christ I shipped 9 against Gretna but would say I was shaky and first game competitively. We had chances in the first half of that game to go a few ahead.

The lad Scott taylor who was at left back has left aswell, the signing of tansey is a good one he's brilliant and this lad who had the right-up seems a baller.

I wouldn't feel sorry for him if the money I heard he's on is anywhere near correct

I heard and I quote £500 a week but I heard that whilst I wasn't at them.

He turned down st.mirren aswell as a couple others aswell supposedly.

Again iv no bad things to say about selkirk other than I fucked my chance for myself.

Are people having a laugh. There is no way anyone would pay a lowland league player 500 a week . possibly 500 a month. What return would you get for 2k /20k a season. You would need to be full time for that cash. I heard he has a back injury and not been able to train for month so probably would lead to weight gain.i think folk should lay of the lad and try and let him sort his sh!t out in private. I also don't see the gaffer at Selkirk being soft.

The slaughtering that he is given by the Selkirk managers in today's local paper is disgraceful! Oconner did not lose Selkirk the match, the entire team were just as responsible!

Totally childish, non supportive unnecessary finger pointing rant ! ,

He would have been brought in with a run at the title and promotion in mind. Now that dream has fizzled in a big way he'll be viewed as a major drain on resources, who needs to be moved on ASAP. Problem is that once you start trying to be full-time contracts actually mean something.

He would have been brought in with a run at the title and promotion in mind. Now that dream has fizzled in a big way he'll be viewed as a major drain on resources, who needs to be moved on ASAP. Problem is that once you start trying to be full-time contracts actually mean something.

Think it was a dreamland to think it would be selkirk pushing for the title- despite the form of the first fortnight. I commented on here at the time that it was refreshing to have selkirk involved in a top of the table clash, but I've also commented that there haven't been many points picked up since then( 8 since mid August).

It seems the full time thing hasn't worked- and there are rumblings of a few people not happy with the lack of promised payments. But a bit like newco, who would have thought that paying big money ( relatively speaking) to players for playing in front of small crowds would be a struggle financially.........?

They where only full time when the french guys where there, I seem to remember when I first joined it was 3 times a week with the coaches/manager going through there uefa badges... They only recently got a goalkeeper coach in too which was well needed as joining in with outfield player drills and just getting shots taken at you can be boring repetitive and not beneficial in the long run.

Word on the grapevine suggests there was some sort of money available how much I don't know not wanting to go into to much detail. The club treated me well whilst I was there in that short period of time.

Selkirk seem to be lacking much if any supporters which cant be helped by the fact there are no locals in the squad whereas Galas squad were mostly locals with the exception of a couple of their defenders and this definitely helps bring a few more through the turnstiles !

Archived