Clydebank

judge macbrayne

"Problem with wind it being on a hill"...

Sorry big Bill,...surely the clue about Petershill would be that it would be on a hill ?

Hopefully the proposed new place for Clydebank will be far better than the frankly awful facility being used by the Peasies (and I really mean no disrespect whatsoever to them as a club) as it is just so soul-less.

Benburb new park...looks like a fitba park.

Renfrew new park...looks like a fitba park.

Peasies facility...must've seemed like a good idea to someone at the time.

"Problem with wind it being on a hill"...

Sorry big Bill,...surely the clue about Petershill would be that it would be on a hill ?

Hopefully the proposed new place for Clydebank will be far better than the frankly awful facility being used by the Peasies (and I really mean no disrespect whatsoever to them as a club) as it is just so soul-less.

Benburb new park...looks like a fitba park.

Renfrew new park...looks like a fitba park.

Peasies facility...must've seemed like a good idea to someone at the time.

This was covered at the meeting aswell and the guys speaking couldn't stress enough how they want it to be a football ground, a proper one and not have the feel of peasies.

This was covered at the meeting aswell and the guys speaking couldn't stress enough how they want it to be a football ground, a proper one and not have the feel of peasies.

I don't get this,petershill ground has a football pitch, a stand, and facilities for the supporter just Clydebank stadium will have if it gets built, just as my own teams stadium will have when it's built.

All are or will be proper football stadiums.

I don't get this,petershill ground has a football pitch, a stand, and facilities for the supporter just Clydebank stadium will have if it gets built, just as my own teams stadium will have when it's built.

All are or will be proper football stadiums.

Good post RRG although I would change 'if it gets built' to 'when it gets built'

You can forgive anyone for erring on the side of caution considering part of this depends on the cooperation of West Dunbartonshire Council - not exactly the most reliable of allies. The more of this which is reliant on the Bankies own steam (whether their own pockets or benevolent businessmen), the better.

I smiled with interest at the following part at the bottom of the press link:

Abraham believes the plans will mean a brighter future for the Bankies.

He said: “Funding is hard, given the general economic climate, this would help massively.

“I would certainly expect that it would put us on a sounder financial footing.

“Potentially it could give us a better chance of becoming a licensed club and gaining entry into the Scottish League in the long term.”

'Veeeery interesting...'

Good post RRG although I would change 'if it gets built' to 'when it gets built'

I guess after 8 or 9 years of my own clubs trials and tribulations in getting our new stadium built i am always reluctant to say when.

The speed in which clubs like Renfrew and Benburb have did things has to be admired!

I guess after 8 or 9 years of my own clubs trials and tribulations in getting our new stadium built i am always reluctant to say when.

The speed in which clubs like Renfrew and Benburb have did things has to be admired!

I could be wrong here but have Renfrew not been talking about moving for years. I would also guess that with both Bens and Frews grounds being sold would they not have had it put into the contract about a new ground being built ASAP

Unlike Rob Roy who just spent it on players to win trophys. Also Clydebank have nothing to sell. So all monies would need to be raised before work would start.

Mon the Lok now

Where you getting we spent it on players? Our new stadium, sevens pitches, and gym hall will be in the main funded by the Roy, the rest made up by council and sport Scotland.

Your probably right when it comes to Bens and Renfrew, just seemed to me they have got the ball rolling in super quick time.

Archived