National Anthem: Vote

jamamafegan

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it is. Rangers , Hibs and hearts all in the championship, Celtic will win the league with their worst team in living memory, grounds around the country more than half empty, clubs considering going part time in our top league, but it's ok wee gordon has put together a couple of decent performances. Everything is rosy.

Rearrange those deck chairs my good man.

The Celtic team of the early 90s was undoubtedly worse. Which clubs are seriously considering going part time in the top league? Many teams, including Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, and Dundee Utd, have attendance numbers as healthy as they've been for years.

Many teams are also now debt free, or close to it, for the first time in a long time, and learning to live within their means.

There are things that can be improved, but it's certainly not all doom and gloom.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it is. Rangers , Hibs and hearts all in the championship, Celtic will win the league with their worst team in living memory, grounds around the country more than half empty, clubs considering going part time in our top league, but it's ok wee gordon has put together a couple of decent performances. Everything is rosy.

Agree with SpoonTon. And as for attendances, taking Celtic/old firm out of the mix, I reckon attendances might well be better than they were 3 or 4 years ago and still per capita very healthy.

The SPFL Prem is not La Liga, but at least we're realistic about that now and there is a definite move to long-term thinking instead of short term spending

Don't be such a fanny.

I love Flower of Scotland, but since we couldn't muster more than 45% to see off King Edward's army, it should be dumped. It's actually embarrassing singing it. We didn't even have to pull the claymores out of the thatched roofs and fight anyone to get independence and we fecked it up.

We shouldn't have an anthem until we get independence.

Amazing how many different interpretations of Flower of Scotland people seem to have. Perhaps it really should be retired.

At least God Save The Queen only has one interpretation: we're all a bunch of lowly serfs, subservient to a powerless head of state, and we absolutely fucking love it :yucky

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that there is no point in changing the anthem - there's nothing close to a consensus on what the new anthem should be, and there would be nothing worse than changing it for the sake of change only to find the players still tight lipped or mumbling along and half fans half-screaming it at double speed as usual and the other half refusing to sing it 'cos they wanted something else'.

clubs considering going part time in our top league

:lol:

I think the lyrics to Flower of Scotland are shit, but the tune itself is fantastic and everything an anthem should be. None of your Scotland the Brave or Italian anthem sounding de-di-de pish. Getting someone to write lyrics that don't pertain to the 14th century would be nice, especially as some modern lyrics could cut out the cringeworthy wankers shouting wankers at the end of each verse.

It'll only work well if we don't have some tit with microphone on the pitch though: bagpipes and crowd only please. People can say what they like about rugby crowds but they do Flower of Scotland perfectly.

Whys it when FOS is played at Hampden without fail by the end of it one half of the stadium is 5 seconds behind the other. Sounds terrible

Cos football fans are universally rabid, slabbering thugs ...unlike rugby fans who are, to a man, utterly infallible.

a bit of topic but wanted to share a personal project I just finished. It was a true labor of love..I hope you enjoy.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/22343581/Scottish-Football-Association-(SFA)-Brand-Work

That's quite excellent. Get it sent off to the mandarins to be ignored FORTHWITH!

Archived