National Anthem: Vote

jamamafegan

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about this....

although I like the first few bars of the last movement of Bruch's Scottish Fantasy- it's the old Scottish tune, Hey Tutti Tatti (Scots Wha Hae) as interpreted by a European composer and I find it quite stirring.

what ever we choose should HAVE NO WORDS because footballers look like p***ks trying to sing national anthems (honourable exception La Mayonnaise)

Harsh but not necessarily wrong I reckon.

Anthems and peripheral shit like this are best when they grow in an organic way. This is some pr fucker trying to justify the ssc prices, which are pretty dreadful.

I voted for the status quo, but a man's a man is the one that gets my blood stirred.

I didn't realise Status Quo sang ay of the possible National anthems. but 'You're in the Tartan Army Now' might get things going at Hampden!

The whole debate is further cringeworthy soul searching. You can't manufacture this, if we haven't got one , we haven't got one. As usual time and effort wasted on the unimportant peripheral pish. Meanwhile prices go up , crowds go down and the state of scottish football is dire. But let's pick a wee teuchter song to make up words too.

Ffs

Oh Christ, somebody else pushing the Armageddon line. The state of league football in Scotland is better than it has been for years and the national team is also improving; how that relates to it being 'dire' is beyond me.

Oh Christ, somebody else pushing the Armageddon line. The state of league football in Scotland is better than it has been for years and the national team is also improving; how that relates to it being 'dire' is beyond me.

So it is. Rangers , Hibs and hearts all in the championship, Celtic will win the league with their worst team in living memory, grounds around the country more than half empty, clubs considering going part time in our top league, but it's ok wee gordon has put together a couple of decent performances. Everything is rosy.

Rearrange those deck chairs my good man.

Archived