National Anthem: Vote

jamamafegan

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The SFA has opened an online vote for the national anthem.

I voted Highland Cathedral. It's an excellent song and would make a perfect anthem IMO. Flower of Scotland is a shite national anthem and should be made redundant after last September. Same goes for Scotland the Brave Slave.

Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31369260

Online vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NaAnSco

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sill love Flower of Scotland. Shame the arrangement is such a farce at international matches.

A lack of lyrics should be no hindrance for a national anthem, however. There are precedents. An instrumental anthem would also do away with any divisiveness that the lyrics to something like Flower of Scotland presents, albeit perhaps because they aren't quite understanding the meaning.

Sill love Flower of Scotland. Shame the arrangement is such a farce at international matches.

A lack of lyrics should be no hindrance for a national anthem, however. There are precedents. An instrumental anthem would also do away with any divisiveness that the lyrics to something like Flower of Scotland presents, albeit perhaps because they aren't quite understanding the meaning.

Exactly, and lyrics have been and could be adapted to the song.

Caledonia's a great song but as a national anthem? That would be dreadfully depressing.

Highland Cathedral? Caledonia? I'd vote ten times for FoS if those were our only choices. I think all things considered I'd like an anthem with no words. Japan's is an absolute belter. Or we could steal the Soviet one although we'd all need to learn Russian.

Archived