Inverness v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

You can easily make the 17:30 train back I would say. When I walk back from the ground I normally get back to the station around 17:20 at the latest. You wouldn't have much time to grab some food or drink for the journey back but you should be able to make that*.

*Unless you are stupidly slow.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can easily make the 17:30 train back I would say. When I walk back from the ground I normally get back to the station around 17:20 at the latest. You wouldn't have much time to grab some food or drink for the journey back but you should be able to make that*.

*Unless you are stupidly slow.

I am a specimen.

:lol:

Go for the cautious approach then and get the later train. Plenty of time to grab a bite in Inverness before the journey back.

I meant specimen as in power walker, rather than Channel 5 huge, crane me out the house when I die.

It's just the thought of paying £46 to get to a football match. £46! Mental. The booze bus might be an idea. I'm getting it sorted on Wednesday. Can't be missing Scottish Cup QFs.

Aye travelling to games is a pretty huge chunk of my expenses. Fortunately ICT matches tend not to get moved much for TV so I can book £1 seats on the Megabus for a trip to Glasgow weeks / months in advance for a game v Saint Mirren (relatively) safe in the confidence that it won't be moved. Even for trips back to Inverness from Aberdeen a single train ticket is only £8.50 if booked a few weeks ahead but a walk up fare is something like £35.

Aye travelling to games is a pretty huge chunk of my expenses. Fortunately ICT matches tend not to get moved much for TV so I can book £1 seats on the Megabus for a trip to Glasgow weeks / months in advance for a game v Saint Mirren (relatively) safe in the confidence that it won't be moved. Even for trips back to Inverness from Aberdeen a single train ticket is only £8.50 if booked a few weeks ahead but a walk up fare is something like £35.

Christ, that's a hell off a journey for home games!, I doff my cap to you sir, still hope we slaughter you though!! :):)

The closest fixture I have to a home game is seeing us play Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Luckily that's walking distance. Every other Saturday I'm off on a train to Inverness or somewhere else. The Scottish Cup game against Stranraer last season was awful. I left Aberdeen at something like 07:30 and got back on Sunday morning just after 01:00 :lol:

Whats the best trains to get from Aberdeen RiG? Is there one that gets in about 12:30 ish?

I've travelled back and forth between Aberdeen and Inverness so many times now I pretty much know the timetable off by heart!

There's one that leaves Aberdeen at something like 10:14 which gets in for 12:30ish. I sometimes get the one after which leaves Aberdeen at 12:00 and gets in at 14:10. There is an earlier one that leaves around 08:20 and gets in at 10:30 but I suspect the first one will be your preferred option!

Going back the best train is probably the one that leaves Inverness at 18:13 and gets back to Aberdeen just after half eight.

http://www.raithrovers.net/18285/join-the-cup-trail-to-inverness.htm

Coach Transfers

• Cost only £10 per seat!!
  • Departure Options: (1) Beveridge Park Coach Park, Kirkcaldy – departing 09.15 with 75-90 minute stop at Aviemore on outward journey, returning immediately after the match;

(2) Beveridge Park Coach Park, Kirkcaldy – departing 10.30 (direct service), returning immediately after the match; and

(3) Gilvenbank Hotel, Glenrothes – departing 10.30 (direct service), returning immediately after the match

http://www.raithrovers.net/18285/join-the-cup-trail-to-inverness.htm

Coach Transfers

• Cost only £10 per seat!!
  • Departure Options: (1) Beveridge Park Coach Park, Kirkcaldy – departing 09.15 with 75-90 minute stop at Aviemore on outward journey, returning immediately after the match;
(2) Beveridge Park Coach Park, Kirkcaldy – departing 10.30 (direct service), returning immediately after the match; and

(3) Gilvenbank Hotel, Glenrothes – departing 10.30 (direct service), returning immediately after the match

Good offer from the club. The 9.15 bus with 75-90 minutes in Aviemore sounds the way to go.

Christ there are some moaning faced c***s on our Facebook page. Folk having a pop that the bus doesn't go via their area.

Think my response would be, suck my cock you moaning c***s. Get to the Bevy Park or go f**k yourself. Post a photo of Turnbull Hutton's face photoshopped on John Holmes, with the caption 'suck my fat one, boo boys!'

C-

Must try harder. The smiley face is a nice touch, but more work is required. Then needs posted on Facebook, on that Rovers post that's advertising the buses, so that some of the more moany Facebookers can explode with rage. They're already pissed that the club aren't paying for them to go and picking them up and dropping them off at their doors. The cuntbags.

Christ there are some moaning faced c***s on our Facebook page. Folk having a pop that the bus doesn't go via their area.

One guy seems to thinks it should be £10 to get in. Don't think its been that cheap to get into a game since the 1990s!

I've travelled back and forth between Aberdeen and Inverness so many times now I pretty much know the timetable off by heart!

There's one that leaves Aberdeen at something like 10:14 which gets in for 12:30ish. I sometimes get the one after which leaves Aberdeen at 12:00 and gets in at 14:10. There is an earlier one that leaves around 08:20 and gets in at 10:30 but I suspect the first one will be your preferred option!

Going back the best train is probably the one that leaves Inverness at 18:13 and gets back to Aberdeen just after half eight.

Sweet. Cheers man.

Just an idea for anyone looking to book by train....

If you book a return journey up to Perth then a separate return from Perth to Inverness it works out about £10 cheaper at only £35.60 instead of the £46 return.

As far as I can see there's only really 2 trains which get up in time and only 3 back after full time so hopefully a decent atmosphere on them.

Just an idea for anyone looking to book by train....

If you book a return journey up to Perth then a separate return from Perth to Inverness it works out about £10 cheaper at only £35.60 instead of the £46 return.

As far as I can see there's only really 2 trains which get up in time and only 3 back after full time so hopefully a decent atmosphere on them.

Booked this yesterday for the entire Liam Fox Soccer Service.

Great initiative from the club, i feel a bit guilty about not taking it up. Moaning about it is ridiculous, if people really are.

Archived