Inverness v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The train up is an okay journey. Of course, that's fucked if it's an early kick off.

Yep its an attractive train journey for folk that like the scenery. Ive never done it for a match there, always preferring to drive there,

I went to the 2-0 cup defeat when Calderon was manager. They were ripping us apart down our right hand side and nothing was done about the threat, and they inevitably scored. I have the highest regard for Calderon as a manager but I'm still mystified by his lack of insight that day.

Yep its an attractive train journey for folk that like the scenery. Ive never done it for a match there, always preferring to drive there,

I went to the 2-0 cup defeat when Calderon was manager. They were ripping us apart down our right hand side and nothing was done about the threat, and they inevitably scored. I have the highest regard for Calderon as a manager but I'm still mystified by his lack of insight that day.

I was up at that one as well. Barry Robson ran riot that day for them.

I travelled up to the Wick match by train a couple of years back, and can confirm the scenery between Perth and Inverness is fairly stunning. It's still a fair journey, but if you book in advance it's dirt cheap.

Depending on when you want to travel, the train to Inverness is only £11.

I remember watching them at home and getting beat 3-0 sometime around 01/02. The early 00's was most definitely a miserable time to be a regular follower. Only the banter at the back of the stands kept me coming back most weeks.

Im sure we were in with a decent shout that game though? I remember an Andy Smith header crashing off the bar, and we took a decent following up from what i can remember.

Yes, we matched them all the way until they scored in the second half. Their goal had been coming simply because we left acres of space down the right hand side. The second goal was a bit harsh as I remember.

I know its good for fans traveling up (I will be one of them!) but can't help be a bit disappointed for 1) the fans that can't afford / able to go and will miss the game and 2) more importantly, an £82,500 is something the club will miss massively.

In fairness you got it in the last round. It's more of a miss in that respect for Inverness who will be the only side in the last eight without a live tv game. Celtic have had three and Dundee United two. Dundee also went out having had two.

I know some fans, who can't make it, will be disappointed. But remember the attendance last season in our Quarter Final and that was at home!

I think this is a good thing and hopefully a large travelling support will head up.

Interested to hear what this subsidised travel means.

Archived