World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsure if Commons or Izaguirre will be fit. If not, mostly like starting lineup;

Gordon

Matthews, Denayer, VVD, Ambrose

Brown Biton

Henderson Johansen Stokes

Griffiths

If Commons is fit then him in for Stokes. Hopefully Forrest is nowhere near this.

Unsure if Commons or Izaguirre will be fit. If not, mostly like starting lineup;

Gordon

Matthews, Denayer, VVD, Ambrose

Brown Biton

Henderson Johansen Stokes

Griffiths

If Commons is fit then him in for Stokes. Hopefully Forrest is nowhere near this.

Is Matthews not out as well?

Not feeling confident about this game at all if I'm honest considering the make-shift defence that we will no doubt have to put out.

Just need to try and score early and keep pressing.

Back three, anyone? Souttar as a libero.

Rado

Fojut Souttar Morris

McGowan Dixon

Pates Telfer Butcher

Dow

Ciftci

Alternatively, front twos of Ciftci->Bilate, Ciftci->Anier.

We have to focus on one game at a time,” he told the official Celtic website. “Only three teams in Celtic’s history have done this before, so if it’s so easy you have to think again.

“It will be tough but we believe, and we just have to take every game as it comes, do everything well and look forward to the next match.

“Everybody really wants it and I really want it and we have so many games to look forward to. That’s good because we are doing well.

“I really enjoyed being there (Tannadice) at the games,” continued the Hoops boss. “They are very polite people and the way the manager and the staff have them playing football is a very good. They develop young players and give them a chance and earn a lot of money as well. It’s a well-run club.

“They will be very hungry to beat us in the three games coming up and it will be exciting. If we do the things we've been training on for the whole year well then we know we will have a good chance to win. That has brought us here and will bring us to the goals we want.

“It’s going to be a good game. They will be up for it and we will be ready. We have three games against them in a short space of time and it will be exciting.”

Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong are cup-tied for the first two games against the team they only left one month ago and where they enjoyed great success.

And the Norwegian boss will be giving them some space in the build-up to the contests, as he underlined the importance of keeping a stable starting XI.

“We know what we need to know about Dundee United and I won’t put too much pressure on them,” he said. “They love Dundee United and were fantastic with them so I will leave them alone.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/7793

I like the look of it tbh. Very pretty shape n'all.

Aye, alright then. But can we move Telfer forward in front of Paton and Butcher and then put someone up front alongside Ciftci. So 5-2-1-2 rather than 5-3-1-1. I think playing too many guys too deep against Celtic will just lead to a repeat of the St Johnstone performance.

Aye, if you were to play that you'd have Paton sitting with Butcher near him but playing a bit box to box.

Telfer in a free role behind whoever is up top. Think Anier would benefit. He's got pace for days and isn't suited to holding it up.

Archived