World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

This draw probably gives us the best possible chance of winning the Scottish Cup this year. From the teams still in the competition we have the best chance of beating Celtic (yeah you heard me) and we've got a better chance of doing that at Tannadice than in Glasgow. Celtic likely to be heavily dependent on GMS and Armstrong by the time this game comes round and a superfat Kris Commons might struggle to get himself back into gear after spending a month sat on his fat arse on the bench.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only do we now play Celtic 3 times, they are now the only team we will play in March :huh:

Conversely, Celtic have to play St Johnstone 3 days before the quarters, and if, they can beat Inter, they would have two huge European games, days either side of the Cup Final.

C'mon Celtic, beat these dirty Italians :thumsup2

This is a very good point. If Celtic beat Inter and have an away game in Europe before the final then it gives United a huge boost. Celtic always struggle after a big midweek euro game. So do most teams though tbf.

This draw probably gives us the best possible chance of winning the Scottish Cup this year. From the teams still in the competition we have the best chance of beating Celtic (yeah you heard me) and we've got a better chance of doing that at Tannadice than in Glasgow. Celtic likely to be heavily dependent on GMS and Armstrong by the time this game comes round and a superfat Kris Commons might struggle to get himself back into gear after spending a month sat on his fat arse on the bench.

^^^ Mentalist found

• 3 weeks later...

Right, over to the United c***s then.

Good luck x 3.

I'd be happy if they won just one to be honest - preferably the Scottish cup game, that would stop Celtic's treble.

Very excited for this given the fortunes of the two teams over the past few weeks…..Celtic are scoring for fun, we are conceding for fun. What could go wrong?

Let's have a go at a possible team...

Rado

Dillon

McGowan

Fojut

Dixon

Paton

Butcher

Erskine

Telfer

Connolly

Bilate

On paper that back four always seems to read quite well, the problem is in reality where they fall apart under any amount of pressure. If Morris is fit he should come in for Dillon and McGowan gets shifted over (I wonder if Souttar might be thrown in on Sunday…) The sitting midfield job is a difficult one but we simply don't have good enough options in there so Butcher and Paton should start. Further forward it is a difficult one, much depends on the fitness of Bilate and whether or not Connolly is 'ready' to play in a game like this (worried that he is still too lightweight.)

As long as we put in a good performance I won't mind us losing gracefully 2-1 or 3-2. However the more realistic scenario is an early Celtic goal that kills the game stone dead and they sleepwalk their way to a 3-0 or 4-0 victory. You can but dream though!

Very excited for this given the fortunes of the two teams over the past few weeks…..Celtic are scoring for fun, we are conceding for fun. What could go wrong?

Let's have a go at a possible team...

Rado

Dillon

McGowan

Fojut

Dixon

Paton

Butcher

Erskine

Telfer

Connolly

Bilate

On paper that back four always seems to read quite well, the problem is in reality where they fall apart under any amount of pressure. If Morris is fit he should come in for Dillon and McGowan gets shifted over (I wonder if Souttar might be thrown in on Sunday…) The sitting midfield job is a difficult one but we simply don't have good enough options in there so Butcher and Paton should start. Further forward it is a difficult one, much depends on the fitness of Bilate and whether or not Connolly is 'ready' to play in a game like this (worried that he is still too lightweight.)

As long as we put in a good performance I won't mind us losing gracefully 2-1 or 3-2. However the more realistic scenario is an early Celtic goal that kills the game stone dead and they sleepwalk their way to a 3-0 or 4-0 victory. You can but dream though!

Telfer back beside Butcher and Dow part of the three behind Bilate, otherwise I'd agree including the Morris caveat.

Is Ciftci out for this game too Stumigoo?

Was looking forward to this tie when the draw was made, not so much now, think it'll be a bit of a stroll for Celtic unfortunately

I am fairly certain he is, haven't actually heard any updated information since our appeal though

Souttar over Dillon. Don't want to see Dillon at all.

Praying Connolly starts and both Erskine/Dow do not.

If you want Erskine and Dow out what exactly would be your starting XI?

I mean as in they both start. Would go Connolly, Dow and a striker. Dow will offer more energy than Erskine, but both are pretty meh if we are honest.

Rado; McGowan, Souttar/Morris, Fojut, Dixon; Paton, Butcher, Telfer; Connolly, Bilate, Dow

Will probably be same defence as last week, Rankin for Telfer and Erskine for Connolly.

Archived