World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chances are that you're going to win at least one of those games surely. With that in mind... which one would you rather win? Surely this particular one would be bottom of the list.

Why? Win this one and then they've got inverness( if they were to beat us) between them and winning the Scottish cup..?

Because the two others are 1) a cup final and 2) a league game. The league is obviously the #1 priority given where they are and where they can potentially end up. Then you have a game where you can win a trophy.

Then you have a game that after you win, you've got another game to win before you can actually even get to the final. So yes, I'd say this is the least important game.

Chances are that you're going to win at least one of those games surely. With that in mind... which one would you rather win? Surely this particular one would be bottom of the list.

Second to the LC final, but ahead of the league game. Winning this game gives us as good a chance of winning the thing as we're likely to get.

Captainkev, don't forget the inevitable replay at Parkhead after a 1-1 at Tannadice ;) Four in a row!

Scottish Cup is waaaaaaaay more important than the League Cup, so no, not for me.

And the league is no priority - we always expect to lose at Poikhead, so a draw there is nothing other than a brucey bonus!

You say that but our record against Celtic is truly hideous. We haven't beaten them in Glasgow since 1992 and our record at Tannadice is only a bit better in the last couple of decades. The League cup final is the one I'd want to win by a country mile. The league game at Parkhead is the one I'm least bothered with, we get humped there all the time anyway so another thumping won't hurt that much in the grand scale of things.

It'd be great to get through this one but I'd imagine if we do then they'll be baying for blood a week later in the final for spoiling their treble chances.

Still looking at it from a more positive angle, we have a chance to knock Celtic out of both cups, winning one in the process and ending our two decade long run without a win at Parkhead in the space of three weeks. That wouldn't be too bad I suppose.

I have watched United since 1989. I have seen us beat Celtic live 4 times and other than that can remember a further 2 times where I didn't attend.

However, I can't be arsed with two finals against you so this is fine. We will win 1-0 at tannadice, league cup on pens and lose 7-1 at Celtic park.

Most important for me is the league cup final. A cup is a cup after all. A win here would give a huge amount of confidence to push on in the league.

Then the quarter final. Always good to rain on some else's parade . If we put them out We would have as good a chance as anyone in the semis and possible final.

It is going to be intriguing seeing how these games pan out. They will have all the pressure being favourites and all the chat of the treble will add to that. Good for us.

League a distant third.

I have watched United since 1989. I have seen us beat Celtic live 4 times and other than that can remember a further 2 times where I didn't attend.

However, I can't be arsed with two finals against you so this is fine. We will win 1-0 at tannadice, league cup on pens and lose 7-1 at Celtic park.

I'd take that.

I may also put a tenner on it.

Not only do we now play Celtic 3 times, they are now the only team we will play in March :huh:

Conversely, Celtic have to play St Johnstone 3 days before the quarters, and if, they can beat Inter, they would have two huge European games, days either side of the Cup Final.

C'mon Celtic, beat these dirty Italians :thumsup2

Worst draw possible with the Final a week later, not one bit bothered about the league meeting

The cup double header is our season and at best we will win one of them imo, Final everytime (would take two drubbings just for a win in the Final even on pens)

Hope they beat Inter so they have a fixture pile up that fortnight

You also predicted that you'd win the last league game at Tannadice. How did that work out for you?

To be fair though when a team gives us a bloody nose like United did at Xmas we very rarely slip up again and normally get our own back the next meeting

Im just stating an opinion

To be fair though when a team gives us a bloody nose like United did at Xmas we very rarely slip up again and normally get our own back the next meeting

Im just stating an opinion

Celtic are the favourites in any clash between the two teams, all right minded people will agree with that. The game in December showed we are capable of winning and that's an important psychological issue for our players IMO.

Archived