Berwick vs Spartans - Replay

Simplistic

http://www.spartansfc.com/2015/02/16/underdogs-get-set-for-another-bite-at-berwick-in-scottish-cup-replay/

"Several hundred foot soldiers"

Maybe we do need segregation before the bloodiest battle Berwick has ever seen erupts on the banks of the tweed.

We need to chop their managers bald head off and stick it on ye olde royal bridge to send a message.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wee lowland team? Ha. 19 full time members of staff and a facility many SPFL clubs can only dream of, ain't it? We have 1 full time staff member and he was dressed as a World War 1 hero behind the goal at Ainslie Park! ;)

Bald

Notman Young Fairbairn Drummond

Gray Willis Currie Cameron Lavery

Russell

I point blank refuse to be optimistic even after Saturday's vast improvement and Spartans continued shite form.

If we're 8 up with 30 seconds to go, maybe I'll be a smidge more confident

So looking forward to this! Should be a cracking atmosphere and if the performance levels are the same as Saturday, this game is ours.

No doubt Spartans will give it their all, they've nothing to lose so I assume they'll just go all out. In a way, that's alright for us as our experience should overcome their vulnerability.

Cameron is probably still in pain after Saturday, so would imagine Fairbairn will slot back into the heart of defence. Would like to David Gold feature at some point, the lads being knocking on the door for weeks now. Maybe he'll come on in stoppage time... round the keeper & make it 7.

Stage is set. Hibernian await.

Over to you Colin & co...

I see Spartans have a doubt over their 'keeper Swain who suffered a 'coronary abrasion' on Saturday - they were already 2-0 and a man down at home to Vale of Leithen at that point. No sign of sub 'keeper Gilpin, as ex-Berwick midfielder John Grant took over between the sticks.

Their website says Spartans EOS 'keeper Jackson and Spartans U20 'keeper Carswell have been drafted in ahead of tomorrow.

ITV have now confirmed that due to the high demand PSG v Chelsea has now been cancelled :D

Today's Scotsman, p17 of Sport pullout, says "1,000 Spartans fans travel: Spartans hope to take close to 1 thousand supporters".

With this exponential growth I think we'll need an extra grandstand by the time tomorrow evening arrives...

f**k me, you think this is cringeworthy wait til we beats youse, mind you probably won't bother to see how bad we get then eh?

A wee Lowland League team taking on the might of the SPFL if we can't go mad now when are we allowed to?

Good luck on the rest of your league campaign. ;)

Grimbo

Grimbo. You forgot to mention the fact you're underdogs.

Also. If you beat us. Is your club going to claim we're full time. Or claim the spartans fans atmosphere was bouncing. Cos I heard naff all from your lot until you scored. Keep it quiet again tomorrow. Kids will be sleeping at prior.

Grimbo. You forgot to mention the fact you're underdogs.

Also. If you beat us. Is your club going to claim we're full time. Or claim the spartans fans atmosphere was bouncing. Cos I heard naff all from your lot until you scored. Keep it quiet again tomorrow. Kids will be sleeping at prior.

I don't shit on me own doorstep, me missus would kill me BUT tomorrow is not my doorstep, it's yours! :P

See you down there, get the kettle on.

Grimbo

There wasn't any real segregation at ours, well just a wee bit but we could mingle if we wanted eh? Obviously we want to be jumping around & dancing with our own when wees score like.

It's a massive party in England for us 1000 Spartans.

Grimbo

probably about 60 Spartans, and 940 band wagon jumping neutrals.

Where as the Berwickers are just getting behind the team in numbers making sure they are there. Cos for whatever reason they miss Saturday games (football, work, etc) they will be backing the team tomorrow. Its gonna be like a who's who of ducket faces from over the years, we need an atmosphere like St Johnstone in the cup, the ducket needs to be booncin!!

There wasn't any real segregation at ours, well just a wee bit but we could mingle if we wanted eh? Obviously we want to be jumping around & dancing with our own when wees score like.

It's a massive party in England for us 1000 Spartans.

Grimbo

Cringe

Archived