Gun Control Poll

dufc1980

Guns  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why's that?

UKIP, other than that just fringe parties.

But I guess that must mean the status quo is correct, right, and those supporting it completely justified.

Because mainstream, pandering politicians are so right and trustworthy with other issues.

You seem to be tearing apart your own arguments here. Why do that?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem to be tearing apart your own arguments here. Why do that?

How so? Stating the fact that a lack of mainstream, pandering parties in the UK do not support a relaxation of gun laws is tearing apart my argument? Or are you talking about the obvious sarcasm?

Also answer my question, why would you hate to live in America, or more specifically a state with liberal gun laws?

Because they're draconian, at the moment.

And I personally would like to own a handgun and/or types of guns that aren't virtually banned at the moment without having to be a member of a shooting club or regularly go hunting. I have a spotless criminal record, I'm as mentally healthy as is possible to be AND I don't even kill spiders (catch them in a cup and release them).

Wanting to own a firearm should be reason enough to own one if you have a spotless criminal record and are mentally stable.

However I've been informed by some delightfully insightful members of this forum that my wanting to own a firearm makes me a psychopath and inevitable mass murderer.

So probably for the best (because we all know you can ONLY commit mass murder with a gun).

The very fact you were up till the back of one then again before seven to argue about it throws your point about sanity into question. Really though, guns aren't the issue, are they? It's the engagement you need. Which again raises mental health problems.

Again direct from Wiki: - According to the FBI, in 2012, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the US, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns.

- For 2011/12, police in England and Wales recorded 541 offences as homicide, of which 42 (8%) involved the use of firearms.

That and, like yourself, I would actually like to stay right here. I like here. I feel safe here.

Do yourself a favor and take yourself over to the "Americans and their gun culture" thread.

Read the last 5 pages.

I'd feel a lot more safe in heavily armed communities in the US with extremely low rates of crime (including gun crime). Especially if I had my own guns.

But of course they don't exist in your world, do they..

The very fact you were up till the back of one then again before seven to argue about it throws your point about sanity into question. Really though, guns aren't the issue, are they? It's the engagement you need. Which again raises mental health problems.

I think constantly projecting your own fear of losing control or commiting atrocities when armed with a firearm onto any who wish to own them is probably more suggestive of underlying issues with mental instability than not being a great sleeper or continuing to engage people who directly respond to me on an issue I'm passionate about.

But what would I know.

A world of the state's creation, Wasp.

Massacres in Australia since their gun ban (brought in around 1997):

2000 - Childers Arson Attack - 15 killed, unknown injured (Arson)
2009 - Churchill Arson Attack - 10 killed, unknown injured (Arson)
2009 - Lin Family Massacre - 5 killed, unknown injured (Hammer)
2011 - Quakers Hill Arson Attack - 11 killed, 20 injured (Arson)
2014 - Hunt Family Massacre - 5 killed, 0 injured (Firearm)
2014 - Cairns Child Massacre - 8 killed (all children), 1 injured (Knife)

Hey, at least they didn't get shot to death, eh?

I'll be very specific here, you are a boring c**t.

Doesn't answer my question at all.

I apologize though, we're not all gifted with the instinct to lamely attempt humor and wit in response to serious issues we lack the knowledge and intellectual ability to discuss in-depth.

You ARE a funny, original guy, Zen Archer. And your retorts are always biting.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Sooooo.....

Because people choose to kill each other with different weapons in Australia, that makes it ok for relaxed gun laws in the USA.

OK, you`ve convinced me. I`ll sort out the green cards you source some ammunition.

I give up. I tried at least. :guns

Well it clearly shows gun bans have done nothing to stop the rate and deadliness of massacres in a country already plagued by massacres as Australia is (as well as the US).

Contrary to popular belief the UK was NOT plagued by massacres before our gun control laws.

In fact two of them came AFTER gun control was brought in after Hungerford.

Before Hungerford there really was nothing, the shooting of three police officers in the 60s and that was it.

No massacres.

You really need to go out for a walk supras. Perhaps your local mental health association has a befriending project where you Can begin to pick up social skills until you are ready to try it yourself.

For people well adjusted the internet can be a nice wee break in the day for a bit of light relief. This doesn't seem to be the case for you.

All my love xx

Anywayy, the other thread (Americans and their gun culture) is there.

The arguments, information and stats posted within it are all there to be witnessed, you can skip ahead and just read the last 5 pages.

Any neutral actually interested in having their eyes opened is welcome to head over there and check it out.

Hey, we all received the same loaded, biased education about America and guns in school.

We didn't all have the capacity to question it at the time.. it's okay.

Elaborate on that.

How am I a troll exactly?

Your argument is based on so many non-sequiturs that I refuse to believe anyone with a modicum of intelligence can actually believe what you're saying. Therefore I'm calling troll.

Anywayy, the other thread (Americans and their gun culture) is there.

The arguments, information and stats posted within it are all there to be witnessed, you can skip ahead and just read the last 5 pages.

Any neutral actually interested in having their eyes opened is welcome to head over there and check it out.

Hey, we all received the same loaded, biased education about America and guns in school.

We didn't all have the capacity to question it at the time.. it's okay.

All the information and stats you posted were heavily biased, and in many cases completely false. But then if you cared about that rather than internet argument / trolling you would have checked yourself.

All the information and stats you posted were heavily biased, and in many cases completely false. But then if you cared about that rather than internet argument / trolling you would have checked yourself.

How so? Again I'm going to request some examples of what you're talking about.

In addition to that I'm quite sure the vast majority were not "false", but if you care to enlighten me on which were I'm all ears.

Archived