World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

Aye, I'm almost wishing we were allowed to forfeit the game to save us the hope and the trip and the return trip after the probable mauling sans-Ciftci.

On the other hand, the talent disparity in '94 was greater than it is today. Anyone know what Brew and Welshie are up to?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: were they 'already' trying to buy it when they placed bids for these two players before any of the semi's were played?

Tongue in cheek Deeboy. Jesus f**k.

It's the League Cup and I'm sure they'll fancy themselves without GMS and Armstrong!!!! :lol:

Twat :P

I was expecting a bite from a Celtic fan, you a closet Celtic fan Deeboy?!?!?!?!

Wee Jim Spence saying that United will be asking for 17,500 tickets and also to be given the "Celtic end" although the latter request is likely to be turned down. Anybody know why the SFA still persist in handing over the traditional ends to the Old Firm?

Wee Jim Spence saying that United will be asking for 17,500 tickets and also to be given the "Celtic end" although the latter request is likely to be turned down. Anybody know why the SFA still persist in handing over the traditional ends to the Old Firm?

f**k knows. Purely pandering to the big Glasgow clubs I guess? I'm sure Celtic probably wouldn't even care if they had to go in the West Stand. Probably get a few complaints about it being 'their' end but that's all. 17,500 is optimistic. Few guys in my work dreading it. :lol:

Anybody know why the SFA still persist in handing over the traditional ends to the Old Firm?

The protestant league

Ends allocated at Hampden are based on how protestant a club is in its nature, the end to the left of the dugouts will be allocated to the club that is highest in said table

Estimated protestant league table

1- Rangers

2-Hearts

3-Airdrie

4-Motherwell

The rest of the Scottish league

40-Dundee Utd

41-Hibernian

42-Celtic

Harks back to the days when that end was the only covered end at Hampden

Of course this is all a bit tongue in cheek but check out you tube footage of old cup finals and its bizarre how virtually 100% accurate that is :lol:

Aye, I'm almost wishing we were allowed to forfeit the game to save us the hope and the trip and the return trip after the probable mauling sans-Ciftci. On the other hand, the talent disparity in '94 was greater than it is today. Anyone know what Brew and Welshie are up to?

Don't know about that. Petric, Malpas, McLaren, Bowman, McInally, Brewster and Cleland would all improve the current United team. Rangers had some good players (Stevens, Hateley, McCoist) but also some rank average players (Ally Maxwell, Dave McPherson, Neil Murray).

The protestant league

Ends allocated at Hampden are based on how protestant a club is in its nature, the end to the left of the dugouts will be allocated to the club that is highest in said table

Estimated protestant league table

1- Rangers

2-Hearts

3-Airdrie

4-Motherwell

The rest of the Scottish league

40-Dundee Utd

41-Hibernian

42-Celtic

Harks back to the days when that end was the only covered end at Hampden

Of course this is all a bit tongue in cheek but check out you tube footage of old cup finals and its bizarre how virtually 100% accurate that is :lol:

We were in the East end in the 2013 Final, with St. Mirren in the West.

Surely it's the SPFL that organise the League Cup rather than the SFA.

Archived