Weather

Euzi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone in North Ayrshire, particularly the Stevenson Stevenston area able to advise re Ardeer v Theesel?

Was snowing in Kilwinning earlier but wasn't really lying. Most of the snow from the night before had melted by late afternoon. The closer to the coast you are, the less snow seems to have fallen.

Hurlford game what's the chances?

I'm less optimistic than last week so anything will be a bonus. Clear skies in Kilmarnock resulting in plummeting temperatures with any snow turning to ice at the moment so not looking good for any action at Blair Park on Saturday unless the weather turns in our favour. It's certainly looking more likely the winners of this tie will be scheduled to play back to back Scottish cup ties.

I passed Parklea today: Morton had cleared enough of the pitch to play five-a-sides on it. Where the sun had got at the snow, it had largely melted. possibilities there, although I'm not sure that Port Glasgow are at home this weekend.

On a separate note surely Saltcoats will be on??

Auchinleck, any chance of a game? Been looking forward to this one.

i live in auchinleck couple of inches here yesterday and with the temperatures to drop below - I would think the game will struggle

Mark will know better than me at the Parkk (St Andrews), and I will walk the caniepart this evening.

However just been through St Andrews Uni and if games were played today they would be on.

Very light dusting of snow on top of a surface that I would describe as a toffee crisp that has not quite set.

Areas with no grass being the worst.

Sure you get the picture.

Was the same last week though and the frost on Friday night was brutal.

Last saturday was an awesome day and as it turned out the pitches at the uni were just about okay by kick off times.

At a guess this situation will be similar in Dundee. Lochee Utd being in a bowl suffers not getting much sun.

Archived