Colin Cameron

Cameron signs on till Summer 2016.

Read the full article here at http://www.berwickrangers.com/colin-cameron-to-sign-new-deal/

Happy with the news to be honest, I think he has done well at Shielfield so far. Can't see us catching the top three, but hey; a few run of results could change everything!
On another note, you will notice that Berwick Rangers have launched their new official site! The website has been live now since Friday evening and we have seen over 1,000 unique visitors contribute to a staggering 5,500 views.

Any feedback, both positive & negative, on our new site is much appreciated! We will take your feedback into consideration and do our best to improve the club's website!
Enjoy!

On another thread it was suggested that some were calling for Cameron's head. Not sure that's quite true, but many are pissed off with the lack of progress. We are not really any better off than under Ian Little.

Do agree though that only 1 out of 3 signings really works at this level so it will take time.

I just want to see progress on the pitch. A highest placing of 4th over the last 7 years is, frankly, pish. This season, we probably have the most talented group of players we've had during that period yet we're further away from a title challenge than ever. As The Stranglers said, Something Better Change.

If Colin Cameron is the man to do it, great, so long as somebody does. I reserve the right, as of today, to remain unconvinced, but that's not important. The board have put their faith in Cameron and Horn and it's down to them to deliver. I hope they do.

For the people responsible for the updated/new website, well done. i know that this is done voluntarily, so kudos for your efforts. It's a big improvement on its predecessor.

Maybe no better than the Yano team where we qualified for the playoffs, but the Yano team from the first half of last season was an absolute shambles. I'd certainly say we're better than we were in the later half of 2013. That team under Yano would never have gona 6/7 games without conceding a goal or whatever it was.

The main difference for me has just been the form of Lee Currie. He was destroying teams during the second half of last season and is now not really doing anything of note. It's up to Cameron to get the best out of him I suppose, but if his desire has gone since the summer there isn't much the manager can do.

As Razor Bill has mentioned, record against the top teams is pretty poor too, but I suppose it was against Peterhead last season too. The league stats show that compared to other teams we can dominate the shiter teams more than anyone. Maybe it's a confidence thing against the better teams that Cameron has to install in the players.

A wee run in the cup (which should see you reach the last 8 by the way) and a bit of unforecasted cash followed by a contract extension for the gaffer. Mid table finish and he will be bagged before the players have gone to Maguluf for their summer holidays ! Stay classy. Rovers style.

On another note, you will notice that Berwick Rangers have launched their new official site! The website has been live now since Friday evening and we have seen over 1,000 unique visitors contribute to a staggering 5,500 views.

Any feedback, both positive & negative, on our new site is much appreciated! We will take your feedback into consideration and do our best to improve the club's website!

Enjoy!

Love the website only problem I saw was the drop down menus are coloured blue with black writing makes it very difficult to ready options with my poorly old eyes :blink:

Excellent work by the club getting Young and Fairbairn signed up to the end of next season. Best centre back pairing since Cowan and Valentine, except when Garry Wood hoves into view.

I like what the club have done around getting their best players signed up on longer-term deals - something that has'nt really happened in recent memory. With Ross Drummond and Blair Henderson also signed up, that's a good start. Get Jacobs, Notman, Currie, Willis, Lavery & Gary to sign on the dotted line and you've got the core of a solid squad for next season's serious assualt on the title.

Archived