Forfar vs Greenock Morton

Quite looking forward to this one - always love standing on the steep terracing behind the goal.

Forfar got the better of us on our last visit to Station park, but that was probably the worst I've seen us play this season.

We've conceded 3 goals in our last 3 games, but still look a little suspect at the back. Removing Crighton from the team has definitely been a blessing - Lamie is a much better option than him (Hard to believe, i know).

I'd like to see Morton Make one change and that is to bring in Pepper. I'm lead to believe that its not JD's stubbornness that has resulted in Pepper not featuring as much - He's been nursing a slight ankle injury. Perhaps Duffy has actually been quite smart in not selecting him (**Insert Happy Clapping noise**)

Assuming J.McCluskey isn't fit, i'd go with below:

Morton team to face Forfar (We'll probably stick with 442): Gaston; Kilday, O'Ware, Lamie, Russell; S. McCluskey, McKee, Pepper, Forbes; Caldwell, MacDonald.

The pub will be my second priority when arriving in Fofar - i'll be heading straight to McLaren's for one of those glorious bridies.

1-2 Morton.

Peaso x2

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pepper, Peaso & Caldwell all start and Crighton doesn't, I reckon we've got a good chance of coming away with 3 points. I'd like to see us line up fairly similarly to last Saturday, which was some sort of 4-3-3 from where I stood:

Gaston

Kilday O'Ware Lamie Russell

Pepper Miller Forbes

S.McCluskey Peaso Caldwell

Big statement made for whoever wins it, for us beating the league favourites for the 2nd time would be a huge psychological boost at this stage. Equally, winning away at Station Park (which only Brechin have done so far) would be a leap forward for Morton. Its a big one!

Cant see many changes from the team that have won the last two games, Hilson and Baxter being fit would give a few selection headaches.

The squeaky bum thread seems to suggest Morton are quite a few folks favourites now.

If we had a striker of McDonalds quality I would be confident of winning the league allied to the rest of our team.

oh how we could have done with a peaso this January

Big statement made for whoever wins it, for us beating the league favourites for the 2nd time would be a huge psychological boost at this stage. Equally, winning away at Station Park (which only Brechin have done so far) would be a leap forward for Morton. Its a big one!

Cant see many changes from the team that have won the last two games, Hilson and Baxter being fit would give a few selection headaches.

The fact that 'psychological' is bigger than the rest of the text makes me think you c&p'd that. Uh-oh.

Please defeat these illiterate angus whoppers, Morton.

The fact that 'psychological' is bigger than the rest of the text makes me think you c&p'd that. Uh-oh.

Please defeat these illiterate angus whoppers, Morton.

It is not ya daftie! :lol:

It is not ya daftie! :lol:

It is ever so slightly larger than the rest of the text, but enough of the font-size pedantry. There's a BIG match to get worked up about.

I get a sense that the Loons are benefiting hugely from the return of Derek Young to the holding role in midfield thus, protecting the pace-exposed centre-backs. This may help to blunt the new-found sense of confidence from many of the Morton fans in relation to their attacking capabilities.

Also, a note to those Forfar supporters calling for Gavin Swankie to be dropped - assists for the winning goals in our last 2 games? I don't know chaps - it's difficult to gauge his overall effectiveness over the 90 minutes when I am 470 miles away, but a player who can retain the composure to play the final telling pass on a fairly regular basis is a welcome asset.

Archived