Falkirk v Dumbarton 31/1/15

Well the 2 teams couldn't be more opposite in form going into this.

Falkirk haven't lost a game this year and Dumbarton lost all 4 including twice losing 5.

It was only last month we beat them 3-0 at their own ground and since then Dumbarton have only beaten Cowdenbeath.

All this points to us losing.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't take long for Dumbarton fans to turn on Murray.

Has he stopped trying now he didnt get the Hibs job?

Ian still has the backing of the support, very much so in fact. We all want him to succeed.

A few new faces and a change of tactics would do wonders for the relationship mind you.

Ian still has the backing of the support, very much so in fact. We all want him to succeed.

A few new faces and a change of tactics would do wonders for the relationship mind you.

True but....

Didn't take long for Dumbarton fans to turn on Murray.

Much more of the recent shambolic performances and it won't be long.

4-4-2 is a must here. But no doubt it will be some 3-5-2 shambles again and we will get our arses handed to us. Hopefully this isn't the case, but following last week my confidence in us isn't particularly high.

How many times do you lot train a week?

I see 3-5-2 as a formation that requires a lot of training to get right and most teams cannot pull it off from pervious experience.

We train twice a week on half a pitch and you're absolutely correct. Ian said when first came herr that he doesn't have any time at training to work on shape so it's even more baffling that he's persisted with it so often this year. I think Muzz has a very interesting week ahead of him and I expect a reaction from everyone after the shambles on Saturday.

The team should be flying into training this morning after Saturdays result and our recent form means we have the momentum going into this.

As we know with Falkirk it's not always that straight forward but I would expect us to win this one. If it takes a 90 minute winner to break them down, then so be it

Isn't our home record v Dumbarton not that great?

Pretty sure we've lost and drew a lot v them.

Under Elvis we did them at their bit easily, they did us at oors

Pretty even Stevens in the last 10 played

1 home win a piece, 3 away wins a piece and 3 draws

I think we will be ok, mainly down to the signing of Baird and how much that has added to our game, his partnership with has enhanced Loys game in that both look to pass or bring each other into play. I stood up for Botti, but it was more two individuals up top.

I feel a similar game to the recent home Raith game but with a different outcome due to above mentioned

Archived