Motherwell vs St Johnstone

There was not much between the two sides in both earlier matches this season with Saints winning by one goal on each occasion.

Motherwell have lost 5 games in a row conceding 18 goals in that time frame but we showed signs of improvement at tannadice.

We're due a win 1-0 to Motherwell

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done well against the so called weaker teams this season. If we go into it in the same manner as the Aberdeen game, we should win based on form. If we go into it like the ICT game, then Motherwell might move further out of danger.

Is Ojaama back for this one, he's genuinely the only player that's looked capable of hurting us this season.

I've no idea who'll be fit for this one, or who will get the nod, I think McFadden will be back for it mind. Then again he's pretty shite nowadays so won't be getting any more than a 10 minute cameo at best. Especially with the new look MacKane (this is gonna be a thing) partnership looking good.

Old man still seething from May 17th I see.

Won't be heading through at the moment I'm more interested in the cup game just now.

Can see Mackay being brought back in with Chris Miller and Kane starting though.

2-1 saints

Now I'm on my laptop, heres how I'd line us up....

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - Easton

O'Halloran - Millar - Davidson - Lappin

MacLean - Kane

Much the same feeling that most motherwell fans have, tbh.

:lol:

In all seriousness it seems that no matter who plays on the right wing for Motherwell they will put in an outstanding performance against us at Fir Park.

Bit of inconsistency creeping in at Saints, with two really impressive performances against United and Aberdeen contrasted by timid showings at Pittodrie and up at Inverness on Tuesday, so hard to know what to expect from us. The game on Friday probably provided as many questions as answers for Tommy Wright so could be some hard decisions for him come the weekend.

Three points would be welcome though ahead not only of the cup match but league fixtures at Celtic and United that are unlikely to yield much.

O'Brien and Ojamaa will both be available after suspension. Hopefully some of our injured lads will also be back.

Erwin, Moore and Ojamaa starting would be a laugh. Total fantasy, but we'd be entertaining going forward at least.

O'Brien kept MacLean firmly in his back pocket earlier in the season, so hopefully some more of that. Even if our centre-halfs manage to make it through the game without tackling each other we'd be in a better position than the last time we played Saints.

Archived