Partick Thistle v St Mirren 30/01/15

May as well start this since the game is on Friday night. Hoping for a decent crowd for this with St Mirren knowing a win will take them out of the playoff spot into 10th at least until Motherwell play the following day maybe bringing a few more of their fans out than their last league visit to Firhill where they were in a horrendous run of form under Tommy Craig until we kindly gifted 3 points to their cause with a complete collapse where we made Ball look like a superstar.

Thistle have put a couple of offers on for this game with season ticket holders able to bring someone along for £10 and St Mirren season ticket holders getting in for £15. Not seen any mention of it being a reciprocal offer like we have with Dundee Utd but hopefully it is as anything that makes it a bit cheaper to go to away games is more than welcome.

Home win to keep the run of inconsistent results going.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of not winning against Saints at Firhill since we came up. Bar the league cup we've never impressed against them at home. Have a typically cynical views that we'll get beat here but hope to be surprised.

What's the bet that St Mirren don't even play a striker with Arquin out and still beat us whilst getting their first clean sheet of the season. We are honking every time we play St Mirren at Firhill so not very confident.

Should be a good crowd though considering the deals on offer.

Looks like we'll be relying on Thommogod to drag us out another mess.

Thistle seem like they can win 4-0 one game and lose 1-0 the next.

We have a slight chance of catching them but if they manage to get a point here they should be safe considering they have 2 games in hand i think?

Gutted I'm missing this one. These Friday night games at Firhill have become a highlight of the season for me. Hope it's the usual big drunk boisterous crowd.... And the usual result on the park!

Very important not to lose this one. I'll be going and I predict a home win. Elliott came off with an injury against Kilmarnock so if he's not fit for this I'd put Bannigan there, and have Fraser come in for Craigen. Although I really hope we sign a left-back in time.

The same side that looked sensashe against Accies looked woefully short of ideas for large chunks of yesterday's shitfest, so do we stick or twist? Injury might dictate that Bannigan starts ahead of Elliott, but are there likely to be any other changes? I'd bring in Fraser for Craigen, not because I think Jimmy was particularly bad yesterday, but it'll absolve big Dreamboat of the responsibility for pinging about crossfield passes. We were crying out for a #baller in the middle of the pitch against Kilmarnock, so Friday might be tailor made for the return of boy wonder.

I may have had too many E numbers today and spent more than an advisable amount of time reading through the Club Dece thread, though.

Mallan's my other main concern, based on nothing more than a handful of Vines. But if it's good enough for the Real Madrid scouts...

McKenzie tore us apart for arse paper yesterday, so it's natural to be fearful of what a similarly diminutive but significantly more talented player could do to us. Hopefully our players will target him with a few heavy hits early on, while some calculated berating will see the fouls go unpunished and lead to 24 hours of entertainment as one prominent native of Paisley goes 'full Bobby F'.

Missed the last Friday game at Firhill, which considering it's the only away game I can walk to, was a annoying - oh aye, and we won too :-)!

Really looking forward to it.

Need at least a point, and ideally 3.

Talk of catching Thistle is crazy stuff.

It's us, Well and RC - and that's it - all the other teams are completely safe already.

I used to play with Stevie Mallan on the red ash pitch at primary school. He was tiny compared to anyone else but was obviously more talented than most, good to see him developing so much. His dad's a c**t though.

Anyway I'm not too confident about this game. St Mirren seem to have been competitive in most of their games this season, even when losing, and we're not very good at winning closely fought contests. Although I'd like to think with Frans and Seaborne at centre half we won't see a collapse like the shambles against Dundee or the first games against St Mirren or Hamilton should we be defending a lead.

Easily our biggest game of the season, and with a game in hand against Ross County still to play a win would give us a lot less to do over the rest of the season in terms of staying safe. I'll guess at a 1-1 draw which wouldn't be too bad for us in that the points gap wouldn't be narrowed.

Home win.

We seem to play with a bit more pace and aggression at home.

Hopefully get a few bums on seats for this one so we can afford to sign a young player on loan from an English league 2 side and keep him on the bench until the last game of the season...

1-0 Thistle. Another Ecclestone thunderbolt from 4 yds :wub:

Might be dependant on him. Reckon McLean will have been sold to Northampton Town for £1.5k by Friday and Arquin will be red carded on his way into the ground after tripping over the step at the players' entrance and appealing to the doorman.

Archived