Arbroath v East Fife

With the other 2 playing each other this could be big. Stewart in for Lowdon for me after yesterday.

@Blinn85Bobby: tomorrow to soon! Next week tho

Dunno what that's about either. Linn says to expect some great news during the week. Injured player back or new signing probably.

Be good to get back to Gayfield. Been a while.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Simon Murray? Went and watched east fife train and they had a full squad ( which is 17 players) fit. Although Steven Campbell spent most of the session talking to Dougie Anderson (assistant manager) maybe about playing in a midfield role. Can't wait for this one, bus is fully booked and hopefully bring a good crowd up. Hope we can bring in a striker by Saturday, hate playing one upfront and hate to see ross Campbell play upfront aswell lol

No Simon Murray? Went and watched east fife train and they had a full squad ( which is 17 players) fit. Although Steven Campbell spent most of the session talking to Dougie Anderson (assistant manager) maybe about playing in a midfield role. Can't wait for this one, bus is fully booked and hopefully bring a good crowd up. Hope we can bring in a striker by Saturday, hate playing one upfront and hate to see ross Campbell play upfront aswell lol

Murrays been poor last 2 weeks, think him coming off the bench might be for the best

I'd sit Murray on the bench and start Buchan. Murray needs a kick up the arse. We have been disappointing the last 2 weeks so a win at home to this mob is needed. Can't see East Fife being as bad as they were in December.

Be good just to get a game.

I guess the three postponements will have allowed us to get some injured players back, but I think we might be a weebit rusty.

Allan Walker will get quite the welcome I'm sure

Very much looking forward to seeing the reception he gets. Hopefully a knee high tackle from someone

Praying we line up 442. Looking forward to seeing the Spanish boy that plays for Fife too.

McCallum

Rowan little Nicoll/mcgeever lindsay

Linn whatley hunter stewart

Grant mcmanus

Still this garbage about 4-4-2, really

With the other 2 playing each other this could be big. Stewart in for Lowdon for me after yesterday.

@Blinn85Bobby: tomorrow to soon! Next week tho

Dunno what that's about either. Linn says to expect some great news during the week. Injured player back or new signing probably.

Be good to get back to Gayfield. Been a while.

From what I hear the deal Bobby Linn was referring to is off the table now, unfortunately. We have two development loans left (u20s who have to sign up until the end of the season) and that's it on the loan front.

Still this garbage about 4-4-2, really

Rough win percentage playing standard 4-4-2 - 75%

Rough win percentage playing diamond 4-1-2-1-2 - 25%

There is an argument to be made that if we'd been playing the tried and tested 4-4-2 every week we would be a good few points better off than we are currently. A simple comparison of first half v second half displays on Saturday should be enough to show beyond any doubt that the diamond formation has not worked for us previously, is not working for us currently and will not work in the future. A look back at all of our best performances of the season, all playing the 4-4-2 formation, show that it is quite clearly tried and tested, and there is no need for us to play any other system.

Rough win percentage playing standard 4-4-2 - 75%

Rough win percentage playing diamond 4-1-2-1-2 - 25%

There is an argument to be made that if we'd been playing the tried and tested 4-4-2 every week we would be a good few points better off than we are currently. A simple comparison of first half v second half displays on Saturday should be enough to show beyond any doubt that the diamond formation has not worked for us previously, is not working for us currently and will not work in the future. A look back at all of our best performances of the season, all playing the 4-4-2 formation, show that it is quite clearly tried and tested, and there is no need for us to play any other system.

Let's hope the boss reads these stats. 4-4-2 with Linn right and Stewart/Lowdon/ Bridie left with Whatley and Hunter centre mid for me. C'MON LICHTIES

IMO I preferred Kieran and Adam in centre Linny right Scotty left and Mark at right back supporting Linny they worked really well together first ten games but I suppose with the new loanees he will be reluctant to revert back to what was working so well at the start of season.

What was it Simon?

I'm not 100% sure it is the same player Bobby Linn was referring too (although I'd be very surprised if not) but we were very close to getting a player we have had on loan previously this season back (without naming names I think it's fairly obvious :P ), but it fell through due to the fact we have used up our quota of emergency/ standard loans for the season (5) and only have development loans left where the player can't simply be taken for a month or two, they must be taken till end of season.

I'm not 100% sure it is the same player Bobby Linn was referring too (although I'd be very surprised if not) but we were very close to getting a player we have had on loan previously this season back (without naming names I think it's fairly obvious :P ), but it fell through due to the fact we have used up our quota of emergency/ standard loans for the season (5) and only have development loans left where the player can't simply be taken for a month or two, they must be taken till end of season.

Defo forgot that Murray is back on loan.

Archived