Fixtures for Saturday 31st Jan

Kennie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season long fixture lists DO NOT WORK in the juniors. There are so many factors to consider that make it unworkable. It has been looked at time and time again, but the simple fact is it wont work. It has been done to death on here many many times before and the same conclusion is always reached. It cannot be done.

Season long fixture lists DO NOT WORK in the juniors. There are so many factors to consider that make it unworkable. It has been looked at time and time again, but the simple fact is it wont work. It has been done to death on here many many times before and the same conclusion is always reached. It cannot be done.

At least give it a go & if it doesn't work at least it was tried

Anything has to be better than this absolute farce every other week

LADESIDE

Why don't you Kilbirnie guys just turn up at a meeting storm the place and demand answers easier than moaning on this ha.

This was meant to be progress,this Super League that ye defend all the time,yet in reality the amateurs are better run.Could ye imagine how chaotic a SuperDuper league would be ?Junior fitba could be a good product if it was run correct with competent people in charge.They get paid for this ffs.

Why can't it be done and name the factors ??

Lesser levels than ourselves manage it so come on and tell us why it can't work even if it was split into even two portions of blocks of fixtures???

Maybe your just convincing yourself it can't be done rather than trying to think of reasons that it can.

Sorry, but what part of my post did you not get?

Sorry but what part of everyone Goin off their cookie every week due to the ineptitude of the fixture guy do you no get?

Yes there are issues due to replays etc . But the guy seems to go out of his way to mess with all ye clubs he is supposed to represent & he is above reproach & an arrogant person to boot

LADESIDE

Why can't it be done and name the factors ??

Lesser levels than ourselves manage it so come on and tell us why it can't work even if it was split into even two portions of blocks of fixtures???

Maybe your just convincing yourself it can't be done rather than trying to think of reasons that it can.

Like I said, this subject has been done time and time again. I have no inclination to kick start another debate on it. If you want to research the previous threads on the fixture list question please go ahead and do so. I believe cmontheloknow even tried a hypothetical fixture list that was thrown into disarray within a month or 2.

Factors include Scottish Cup postponements and replays, weather related postponements in all competitions, midweek availability, travel distances and others.

The amateurs are different. For a start they have flexibility to move from a set home ground. For example local kirky team harestanes had a grass pitch booked yesterday to play a cup tie. It failed a pitch inspection but they had a back up a 3g pitch nearby to get the game played on and prevent any further disruption to their season, this has happened several times this season and many more amateur teams will do it.

This helps big time with fixture congestion and results in a better spread of fixtures. Even at that though look at the top amateur league in the country the fosters central and some teams have played 14 games some only 9.So even with this advantage they find it hard to keep on top of things.

I agree with kennie it's just not workable in the junior football as much as i would like to.

My own team haven't played glencairn at all and probably won't till least mid late Feb, not ideal but not something i am gonna get worked up about and have a go at the authorities over them again i don't have the history kilbirnie fans do with people in charge of the game.

I understand the authorities could do things better but never have got the frenzy people get themselves into.

Found a great site that Mr Robertson should check out

It's called fixturelist.com

Computer generated fixtures who would if thought in this day & age it was possible instead of eeny meeny miny moe

LADESIDE

I see that the fixtures table generated by that site only give you a suggested order of games rather than trying to tie down dates as well. And doesn't take into account cup competitions buggering things slightly.

Back in the day you had Scottish,West,Ayrshire,Jackie Cups all going to replays,even a 2nd replay...no way could it be done then.Impossible.

Now there is only the Scottish...and that not the weather is the problem.We don't have undersoil heating, we don't have lights for midweek replays...the Scottish should NOT be played during Winter months...play rounds earlier,play them later but don't play them when the chances of a backlog developing is at it's highest.

If we are saying that nothing can be done then even contemplating a East/West merger is absurd and quite how a match secretary simply pairing teams together in hope on a Sat night can command the renumeration he receives is ridiculous... bring back auld Matt at least he was an approachable and helpful individual.

Teams playing each other in some form of sequence should be easy to arrange - not getting done - why not?

Why the need to change fixtures overnight, it's not as if the changes have been for the better.

I don't know the man who makes up the fixtures list but if he was running a business and treated his customers this way he'd be looking for a new job by now.

Archived