The Eichmann Show

peasy23

Caught this on iplayer, was shown first on BBC2 on Tuesday night. Very well done IMO, the story of the team that broadcast Adolf Eichmann's trial to the world. Once you get the hang of Martin Freeman's accent I thought it was excellent. Very powerful the way they mixed the real trial footage into it.

The banality of evil, as they say. I don't think the dreary man ever left his Berlin office during the war, probably commuted every day and did the crossword. He got caught because his son bragged about it to his girlfriend in Argentina, who turned out to be half Jewish, and turned him in.

Thought it was an excellent piece of Television, and did Martin Freeman's growing reputation no harm at all. I also thought the chap playing Hurwitz made a more than decent fist of it.

Seen Anthony LaPaglia in quite a few things, he's excellent in Lantana.

He was Simon Moon in Frasier with that horrendous cockney accent. I remembered the name just couldn't place him.

So he was! That's one of the few things that show got spectacularly wrong - Daphne's family coming from all over the British Isles...

Archived