Who's going to win the East super league ?

its only a game

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest odds from Nocko has Lithgae Rose at 13/8, kelty and star both at 9/4 and the BU's at 6/1...............it's then a long way to 5th favourites Bonnyrigg who sit at 25/1. That's the bookies view but hopefully at the end of the season the BU's are triumphant. Mon the underdogs !!!

Kelty for me they have the advantage of have 8 or 9 of there remaining games at home so would think home advantage would see them through but it's going to be a great second half of the season....good luck to everyone involved

I think Kelty to edge it some will say because they dropped points against sauchie and penicuik and lost at Bo'ness they are losing momentum from their start but I think it will depend if Linlithgows luck runs out. Kelty being out the scottish might be an advantage to them aswell.

I don't know wo will win the league, but the best performance I have seen from any side in the league so far his season was from Nitten.

Would agree with this and can see Lithgy and Kelty slipping up on the run in to finish second and third in that order...................Bo'ness already booked for fourth.

To use an old boxing analogy `styles make fights` it can be the same with football to a large extent.

Some clubs will be impressed by another that comes & plays them off the park only to see them fall to a different team that has the required `antidote` a week or so later.

Having played every other team in the league, unlike all our closest challengers, my personal opinion is that Bo`ness Utd are the strongest team we have faced though Lithgy were reduced to ten men when we played them, like the BU`s they have the pedigree & good recent experience down the stretch

There was`nt much between ourselves & Newtongrange Star when we played early doors, an inspired hat-trick form Stuart Cargill making the difference on the day.

Outside the top 4, Bonnyrigg could be overpriced at 25/1 if they go on a run, they are only 3 pts behind Bo`ness having played the same amount of games.

Being top for the largest part of the season has certainly been a different experience to Kelty`s last campaign where we were in a dog fight to stay up.

Would be a fantastic achievement for the players / management and everyone involved with the club if they could see it through & lift the title, everyone is up for it when the league leaders come to town however so its another learning curve for the lads to try and deal with, especially in the game management dept

Newtongrange Star led the title race for long spells last season before losing their momentum around March time where results took a turn for the worst, time will tell whether they have gained from that experience and can see the title race out better this time round.

We will all have our own fancies who will eventually lift the title, `class will out` as they say, with that said, its virgin ground for ourselves & Nitten, there are no easy games in this league, any side is capable of taking the points on their day, regardless of who they are playing.

Like to see Kelty win it just because Lithgae and Bo'ness are always favs to win it fae the start,Bonnyrigg blow hot and cold too often and same this season,Nitten,well don't want them to win cos they're Nitten,lol but if they do then fair play to them.

Like to see Kelty win it just because Lithgae and Bo'ness are always favs to win it fae the start,Bonnyrigg blow hot and cold too often and same this season,Nitten,well don't want them to win cos they're Nitten,lol but if they do then fair play to them.

You're just wanting me to punch myself.lol.

Can only assume Kelty had no interest in the friendly they played on saturday.

They were rank rotten.

They certainly wont be wanting to lose Kyle Allison to injury thats for sure.

I should have said hello Stevie.

Archived