Queen of the South v Hibernian

There has been an obvious turnaround.

We previously demolished FFC and outplayed RFC.

Now we are being outplayed by 3rd and 5th teams.

2 of our players defected to our nearest rivals.

What impression do you get from those facts?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Hewitson to show some leadership and ambition.

It is not over yet but 4th is ours to lose.

We had the players there today to do a job. If the manager had got Burns on 25 minutes earlier we might have had a chance today. It was clear after 5/10 minutes in the second half that we were being completely overrun in the middle and needed someone else in there; Burns!! And before it's mentioned that he's just back from an injury - Miller is back from being part-time and clearly isn't match fit. That substitution should have been made far far earlier. Not 30 seconds after the game is over. How Fowler thought the strikers were the problem (bringing on Paton for Lyle) over the midfield seriously baffles and worries me. Good to see Burns back and he did more in the small amount of time he was on than Miller did the whole game.

FWIW I liked Miller with the ball at his feet, and in no way do I think he was to blame for the defeat. Some of his passing was good and he is clearly going to be a good player for us when match fit. I blame Fowler for not taking the guy off when he was clearly below par fitness wise. We needed someone to shake it up the middle today and it never happened until we were 2-0 down. Had Burns came on before the Hibs penalty it could possibly been a different outcome.

Having said all that, Hibs were well worth their 2-0 victory. 0-0 was a fair HT result, with it being a very tense first half and both teams hitting the woodwork.

Second half was a complete route. Hibs looked like a team from a league above and got entirely what they deserved. Robertson's goal capped off a fine display. I applauded it myself.

Here's hoping for a better week next week and we get back on track.

1st half we hit the bar early on had a lot if corners every one very poor from McShane.

2nd half it was all Hibs but really the turning point was young Jim huge mistake.

What was he thinking he should never have came for that ball .

After that it was all Hibs could have been more than 2nil.

We are obviously a weakened team from pre December.

It is the failure of the manager and the Board to address this that I am questioning.

They have allowed this situation to happen.

Through misjudgement or lack leadership or penny pinching?

We"re winning the league. Hearts will bottle it from now on and Rangers will still struggle

You deserved your win today on your 2nd half performance

It's a great run you're on . What a strike for the second goal

There has to be someone else who can take corners. McShane's deadballs are fucking woeful.

Naive from Atkinson, I don't think he had to charge out like that.

Hibs dominated the second half but it still took a penalty and a wonder strike to beat us. Hardly panic stations.

Miller looks more than capable of replacing Kerr once he's up to speed but I agree that Fowler was slow in replacing him today. It was as if Burns had never been away when he came on, it will be good to have his experience and workrate back in the team.

Kidd did well defensively but offers very little going forward. Hopefully Mitchell will be back soon to sort that. I'd stick with Dowie and Higgins next week they were solid today.

Same as last week Lyle was knackered after an hour. We need to get a striker in, or give one of the young boys a start and get Lyle on as a sub if it's not working.

Hugely disappointing that Hearts didn't follow the script, but overall I still think we're in decent shape.

That's twice Atkinson has given away a penalty . Looks like he'll be a bench warmer again next Saturday ;)

He is one of these keepers who is also a very good footballer.

I think this gives him confidence when coming out to play it on the ground (al a Manuel Neuer) but he has misjudged 2 in 2 games.

He will be a good keeper if he learns from his mistakes.

So far this january we have lost 4 players and replaced them with 1 unfit player from Peterhead. Add to that Dykes who was knocking on the first team door. It is crucial we strengthen with another striker as Reilly can get away with having poor games like he did today without someone pressuring him to bring out the best in him.

Millar showed some nice touches but looks a month away from being fit enough to really impact. McShane put in a few poor balls today but overall I would rate his set piece taking as excellent and even today we hit the bar from his set piece. Hibs were far better than they have been in the previous 2 games. McGeouch was excellent and was very impressed at times by Allan who alway tried things outwith the ordinary. Fontaine and Hanlon also excellent. For us I agree with the sponsor that Dowie was best player, and thought Kidd was better than usual but still below the standard required

Archived